• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

What is a "manufactured collectible" dealer? Is it someone who gets books slabbed, pressed, flips? All of the above?

You forgot "signed" also. ;)

It's someone who doesn't really have books that are worth a hoot (until after they've "processed" them). :eyeroll:

For example:

Spawn1-McFarlane-fc-006_zps0a5b45b5.jpg

Funny. That book wasn't pressed. Not sure what is "manufactured" about it.

Here are my rules. Read them carefully. Your life may depend on it.

Assume books are pressed unless stated otherwise.

I guess I forgot to add "liar" to the list. :eyeroll:

:gossip: Better run back and change that post . . .

What is a "manufactured collectible" dealer? Is it someone who gets books slabbed, pressed, flips? All of the above?

It's someone who doesn't really have books that are worth a hoot (until after they've "processed" them). :eyeroll:

For example:

I don't really see anything wrong with it (shrug)

For example:

Funny. That book wasn't pressed. Not sure what is "manufactured" about it.

Here are my rules. Read them carefully. Your life may depend on it.

Assume books are pressed unless stated otherwise.

I guess I forgot to add "liar" to the list. :eyeroll:

:gossip: Better run back and change that post . . .

No reason to change. That book wasn't pressed and I didn't say it was. I said assume they're pressed unless stated otherwise. You deflect a lot from the fact that you intentionally mislead buyers with your description of false first appearance and by overgrading your raw books. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

I don't really see anything wrong with it (shrug)

There's not. Instead of refuting the message of his unethical sales tactics on Ebay, he's trying to attack the messenger.

Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

Hey Guys, agree to disagree and take

your arguments to private messaging.

By airing your dislike for each other you

aren't winning a daytime Emmy for best soap opera.

It's clogging up a perfectly good speculator thread.

A graded, authenticated Spawn #1 signed by Todd McFarlane.

What exactly is the problem with that?

Seems like he's grasping at straws.

There is nothing wrong with it at all. But it is exactly as divad says, a "Manufactured Collectible".

That exact book, if not signed and encapsulated, would be a $10 book. Not a $250 book.

Let's get this back on target.

What Coppers are hot today?

I snagged a few Moore Swampy's last night for $4 apiece from my LCS - #49 (x2), #50, #52, #53.

Edited by kimik

I snagged a few Moore Swampy's last night for $4 apiece from my LCS - #49 (x2), #50, #52, #53.

Any 9.9's? :fear:

I'm always mystified at how lazy an LCS is when it comes to staying on top of

books that start catching fire.

I know it's difficult but that's why I'll always set higher prices on hotter books

or keys to help leverage against overnight spikes in price.

Spawn comics do not occur in nature, they are made with treated wood, chemical ink, and processed staples. Using heavy machinery, they are manufactured in mass quantities.

Some people have a problem with that. They like grass-fed or wild caught comics.

There is nothing wrong with it at all. But it is exactly as divad says, a "Manufactured Collectible".

That exact book, if not signed and encapsulated, would be a $10 book. Not a $250 book.

This book, not signed but encapsulated, is a $75 or greater book. Is that the manufactured part? The signature?

It's important to contrast with what Divad does. I don't lie about what something is. I don't call it a 9.8 when it's not. It's been graded a 9.8. It is.

I don't call it the first appearance of something when it's not. I don't write descriptions intended to deceive unsophisticated buyers.

If you want to call a SS book a Manufactured Collectible, fine. It's doesn't make sense to me, but fine. But you also have to ask yourself why Divad attacks the messenger every time these issues come up? Why not refute the allegations made time and time again?

Still hot. I'd take a rain soaked copy of 13 over an autographed Spawn #1 any day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Sun-13-Spawn-by-Todd-McFarlane-Introduction-12-Rust-Comic-Retailer-Book-/171628773619?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2 :gossip:

Edited by MrWeen

I like your book and I can't speak for divad. I was just saying what I "think" he means by manufactured. Signed and encapsulated is how I took it.

Maybe he sells only raw books. I don't know.

Pressed, signed and slabbed (and we all know the value of the signature certification) :grin:

That's my point entirely, it's a $10 book that he's selling for 25x its FMV, and yet he comes off with his "holier than thou" garbage. Nothing but a hater.

I like your book and I can't speak for divad. I was just saying what I "think" he means by manufactured. Signed and encapsulated is how I took it.

Maybe he sells only raw books. I don't know.

Pressed, signed and slabbed (and we all know the value of the signature certification) :grin:

That's my point entirely, it's a $10 book that he's selling for 25x its FMV, and yet he comes off with his "holier than thou" garbage. Nothing but a hater.

The market for a signed Spawn 1 9.8 is within $50 of his asking price. He is not nosebleeding anyone.

Meanwhile, you Diva, have a Superman Man of Steel raw "9.8" that you are asking $225 for. :roflmao:

Even slabbed 9.8 copies struggle to hit the $100 mark on those. You have no legs to stand on.