• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

I just gave away X-Men 282 (2d print), 283 and 284 to my comic nerdette friend in the office as she was having a bad day and is a big storm and bishop fan. she was ecstatic. have i just ruined my retirement prospects?

Maybe the prospect of getting a milkshake with a lunch during your retirement. Depending on the nerdette you may have brightened your prospects in other areas that would more than offset that loss.

I just gave away X-Men 282 (2d print), 283 and 284 to my comic nerdette friend in the office as she was having a bad day and is a big storm and bishop fan. she was ecstatic. have i just ruined my retirement prospects?

Maybe the prospect of getting a milkshake with a lunch during your retirement. Depending on the nerdette you may have brightened your prospects in other areas that would more than offset that loss.

I am a married man! I should probably be out there trying to find a guy for her. She is very nice, very smart (various ivy league degrees) and makes a good living, but I hear from mutual friend/co-workers she just has a tough time in the dating world. She's not unattractive, but probably not attractive enough to get a lot of solicitations from guys she has any interest in, probably just random losers on the street or subway. I should probably just mind my own business and not be such a yenta.

Anyway, this was a healthy return on Omega Men 3. Don't think I remember a raw going this high:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Omega-Men-3-1st-appearance-of-Lobo-Extremely-High-Grade-issue-9-6-/351305066215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cb69e6e7

That is funny because I see a lot of things posted that don't have anything to do with comic

book heating up but ok. I am just trying to get info. Thanks for the advise. ;)

:golfclap:

i don't see anything that has to do about comic books heating up but i've only read the last 50 pages or so

That is funny because I see a lot of things posted that don't have anything to do with comic

i don't see anything that has to do about comic books heating up but i've only read the last 50 pages or so

my point is that with the barest modicum of effort, he could have found a more appropriate place to ask an obviously off-topic question, or even find the answer himself. AND then came back to ask the question again, as if this thread were the only place he could find the answer, or that someone in this thread owed him the answer.

Like if you went to a baseball game, and you asked the guy who ran the metal detector for directions to your seat. ANd you waited for an answer instead of going to find any other usher, or god forbid walk around and figure it out yourself. Yes technically, the metal detector guy could maybe answer your question, and maybe others chat with him for a bit while he checks, but it seems obvious to me that there are a million better ways to go about finding your seat.

I certainly wouldn't stand there waiting for him to answer. Even if it was my first time at a ballgame, I would know not to do that.

And if I was the metal detector guy, I'd say "I'm just the metal detector guy, you should probably find an usher to ask. There's lots of signs inside, you'll probably be able to figure it out."

Edited by Revat

Someone hear mentioned this within the last 50 pages. That's some heat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUST-1-TRUE-1ST-SPAWN-RARE-FOIL-EDITION-6035-NEAR-MINT-MALIBU-COMICS-1992-/161594250789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259fc49625

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUST-1-TRUE-1ST-SPAWN-RARE-FOIL-EDITION-6035-NEAR-MINT-MALIBU-COMICS-1992-/161594250789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259fc49625

Ween, whats your opinion on the craziness of spawns 2nd ad appearance being called the first ad appearance?

I havnt seen you downplay this book at all.

I am a married man! I should probably be out there trying to find a guy for her. She is very nice, very smart (various ivy league degrees) and makes a good living, but I hear from mutual friend/co-workers she just has a tough time in the dating world. She's not unattractive, but probably not attractive enough to get a lot of solicitations from guys she has any interest in, probably just random losers on the street or subway. I should probably just mind my own business and not be such a yenta.

Anyway, this was a healthy return on Omega Men 3. Don't think I remember a raw going this high:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Omega-Men-3-1st-appearance-of-Lobo-Extremely-High-Grade-issue-9-6-/351305066215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cb69e6e7

2485.jpg

Well this guys explains it all in his listing if you were wondering :eyeroll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUST-1st-True-Appearance-of-Spawn-in-Black-and-White-PREDATES-1-Malibu-Sun-13-/131425547739?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9992b5db#viTabs_0

2485.jpg

Well, if she has copper-colored hair and she's looking to get some, then it's appropriate, I suppose.

2485.jpg

Well, if she has copper-colored hair and she's looking to get some, then it's appropriate, I suppose.

You know, my post did contain an ebay sale of note on a CA book. that's the highest i can remember a raw copy going for.

as for the other stuff...well, maybe if Bishop is played by a hot enough guy in the movie there will be millions of african american comic nerdettes like my friend coming out of the woodwork and buying his first app? not likely though if comic dork co-workers like myself just give them a spare copy, however..

Ween, whats your opinion on the craziness of spawns 2nd ad appearance being called the first ad appearance?

I havnt seen you downplay this book at all.

Here's why I don't like this one;

it's not his first, I think someone here mentioned that mini comic that came with a vhs tape and how it predates Rust 1, Spawn 1 and Malibu Sun 13.

As much I moan about what constitutes a first it does not mean I don't collect based on personal taste. Malibu Sun 13 has a great cover. This comic here does not and while I like the ad ( because it's a black and white profile of Spawn ) I do not care to own it unless I find it in the quarter bin. I would never pay a premium for this.

Also someone else here brought up a good point, we have no idea what other Adventure Comics books had an ad for Spawn. So would you pay 50 bucks for Rust 1 when in a month it could be worth pennies again because some comic that came out a month earlier has the same ad?

Pass.

Am I missing something here? Why is this selling for so much?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-375-Venom-Key-VF-NM-Gem-Wow-/371251455332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56704fa564

Edited by MrWeen

As much as I want this to be be righteous, I suspect that one feedback bidder that has bid multiple times has something to do with it.

A one page B&W preview amounts to a 1st app to this guy? :facepalm:

wouldn't there have been something like previews back then? what would comic shop owners be basing their ordering on 2 or 3 months before this -- just the title of the book and mcfarlane being on it (probably enough back then)? presumably spawn appeared in some sort of solicitation in print form before then.

calling these things a cameo or whatever is nuts. if you want to collect first advertising apps, that's fine, but call it what it is. and i love the other listing "significantly devalues malibu sun 13"

2485.jpg

You know, my post did contain an ebay sale of note on a CA book. that's the highest i can remember a raw copy going for.

as for the other stuff...well, maybe if Bishop is played by a hot enough guy in the movie there will be millions of african american comic nerdettes like my friend coming out of the woodwork and buying his first app? not likely though if comic dork co-workers like myself just give them a spare copy, however..

328cb56efb24e2993abf42b6ded41098f77d4003b2d465bcc9eea3f50c6cce5d.jpg

BTW in my opinion, that Omegamen #3 is still considered cheap compared to what it sold in the 90s.. Lobo was DCs new messiah back then, and Bisley was a god. I am still a fan and hoard on as many Omegaman #3 under 10$ anywhere I can find them (theyre out there)

Edited by Aweandlorder