• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Livewire is being touted as the next potential Harley Quinn. The fact that you don't like that line of reasoning doesn't invalidate it.

And yes that it is invalid, as there is no basis for that argument. The similarities go no further than both are female characters with first appearances in the DCAU. The book is propped up on nothing more than internet hype. Show me evidence that I'm wrong and I'll admit to it. A good way to do this is by demonstrating an honest female interest in the character or with sales of her other appearances beyond SA 5. With Harley I would say anywhere from 40 to 60 percent of my sales are to females and I could give you a list of probably 30 books where she appears that are sought after.

Divad just sold SA 4 for $48

So what if it's just internet hype (shrug) You aren't the one buying them and it isn't your money people are spending, so :flamed:

Edited by Kevin76

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to give me a reason as to why Superman Adventures 5 is worth even close to three figures and why the current prices on eBay are an accurate estimate of its current value.

The reason has already been given. Livewire is being touted as the next potential Harley Quinn. The fact that you don't like that line of reasoning doesn't invalidate it.

I don't understand the second part of your sentence. It's worth three figures because the market deems it worth three figures. If arm's length transactions on eBay aren't accurate estimates of current value, what would be? Your opinion of how other people should value their comics?

:sumo:;)

Why is Hulk 340 a $300 book in 9.8? Pretty Cover.

There are other reasons that are far more crazy as to why a book commands 3 figures.

You seem to be having a hard time wrapping your head around this concept, How old are you? 22? 23?

Pretty? I think you mean iconic.

Is SA 5 now iconic? A month after anyone even started giving that book a second look and its achieved iconic status already. Amazing.

You see, I can ignore the argument at hand and post dumb mess too.

It seems from other members' posts that several on this forum have already written you off. I think now its my time to do the same.

Any thoughts on what an ASM 300 double cover would bring in CGC 9.6 or possibly 9.8? Bought one this weekend from my LCS and I am going to fast track it soon. It was on consignment and wasn't labeled as a double cover. Luckily I took it out of the bag and noticed it.

I know the book is pretty hot with the movie possibly in the works.

I found my ASM #129 CGC 9.6 double cover the same way but through a local seller. He was a reseller so I'm 99% sure he didn't know what he had either. And I wouldn't have known had I not taken it out and looked through it like you did.

I seriously think this happens quite often with double covers. Every one that I have found started with holding the book, and instinctively thinking, "this doesn't feel right - it's too heavy". Often, while not stuck together, the two covers have not been separated (possibly ever). :grin:

I bought a Thor #337 that the seller didn't realize was a double cover. I didn't realize it either until I subbed it and it came back notated that way.

Truly a double blind! :applause:

There are other reasons that are far more crazy as to why a book commands 3 figures.

You seem to be having a hard time wrapping your head around this concept, How old are you? 22? 23?

Is SA 5 now iconic? A month after anyone even started giving that book a second look and its achieved iconic status already. Amazing.

It seems from other members' posts that several on this forum have already written you off. I think now its my time to do the same.

It seems to me that you are "birds of a feather" when it comes to arguing - neither of you really tries at understanding what the other is saying. :grin:

Any thoughts on what an ASM 300 double cover would bring in CGC 9.6 or possibly 9.8? Bought one this weekend from my LCS and I am going to fast track it soon. It was on consignment and wasn't labeled as a double cover. Luckily I took it out of the bag and noticed it.

I know the book is pretty hot with the movie possibly in the works.

October!!! you are the luckiest guy I know. Or maybe it is skill there does seem to be an outstanding confluence of good deals coming your way.

Has got to command at least a 30% premium.

It's all skill baby, it's all skill. Some people just have it, others, it breezes right past them like the wind. :grin:

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to give me a reason as to why Superman Adventures 5 is worth even close to three figures and why the current prices on eBay are an accurate estimate of its current value.

The reason has already been given. Livewire is being touted as the next potential Harley Quinn. The fact that you don't like that line of reasoning doesn't invalidate it.

I don't understand the second part of your sentence. It's worth three figures because the market deems it worth three figures. If arm's length transactions on eBay aren't accurate estimates of current value, what would be? Your opinion of how other people should value their comics?

Again it has nothing to do with my personal thoughts on the character. It has everything to do with paying realized prices when that potential hasn't actually been achieved yet. 100 dollars raw for SA 5? Why? A year ago that was what BA 12 was selling for, well after Harley had already arrived.

Somebody casually mentions All-Star and now she's the next Livewire, the next Harley Quinn and its time to start grading her first, and only appearance, and deem it difficult to find in high grade? That is asinine and its insanity.

Actually, I just raised my opening price on the SA #5 I have listed. Why? Because much lesser copies have sold for $135. I know my copy is the schnitz. :grin: I read SA #23 before I sold it. Livewire puts Lois in her place and it's a great story appearance. I seriously think, if handled right by DC, she could become a key figure in the near future. Is that speculation? Yes, but with sound basis. The animated art was eschewed originally by collectors because it was targeted to kids, and was too "cartoony". Well, guess what? Tastes change - mine have. I find a particular appeal to the art style combined with the stripped down story-telling. Watch out gang, I think all of the animated releases are going to heat up. All-Star? (shrug) Who knows, but I'm going to pull my copy. :grin:

It seems you only want to bet on a sure thing. Regrets are for losers and crybabies. :cry:lol

I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

Just because someone suggests a comic may heat for a reason or for no reason doesn't mean that the comic will heat up. If that person does so with some profit driven intent, so what? People aren't allowed to go on anonymous forums and start rumors that might drive up the prices of certain commodities?

Maybe the logic for the reasoning WAS flawed, but with if the price of the comic still went up? Who cares? We are all still free to believe or not believe any person or their reasonings in the same way. I'm not sure this thread needs to 'protect its integrity so stringently', or hold itself to a higher standard of proof.

Aren't most of the people in this thread looking for some way to make some moneys? Some people's method of doing so might be to read the thread, others to post. Sometimes the posts are right, sometimes wrong.

I take this thread to be "What comics do you think are or will heat up on ebay?"

If I say 'Wolverine 100' and leave no explanation is the worst crime ever? What if it was selling for $1 a year ago and is now selling for $3 (huge increase percentagewise!). Have I done everyone a favor, or just wasted everyone's time? What if I don't even have a reason, just noticed the trend? Or what if I know the reason, but don't want to share it because that's how I make my money?

Just because someone suggests a comic may heat for a reason or for no reason doesn't mean that the comic will heat up. If that person does so with some profit driven intent, so what? People aren't allowed to go on anonymous forums and start rumors that might drive up the prices of certain commodities?

Maybe the logic for the reasoning WAS flawed, but with if the price of the comic still went up? Who cares? We are all still free to believe or not believe any person or their reasonings in the same way. I'm not sure this thread needs to 'protect its integrity so stringently', or hold itself to a higher standard of proof.

Aren't most of the people in this thread looking for some way to make some moneys? Some people's method of doing so might be to read the thread, others to post. Sometimes the posts are right, sometimes wrong.

I take this thread to be "What comics do you think are or will heat up on ebay?"

If I say 'Wolverine 100' and leave no explanation is the worst crime ever? What if it was selling for $1 a year ago and is now selling for $3 (huge increase percentagewise!). Have I done everyone a favor, or just wasted everyone's time? What if I don't even have a reason, just noticed the trend? Or what if I know the reason, but don't want to share it because that's how I make my money?

I agree (thumbs u

Actually, I just raised my opening price on the SA #5 I have listed. Why? Because much lesser copies have sold for $135. I know my copy is the schnitz. :grin: I read SA #23 before I sold it. Livewire puts Lois in her place and it's a great story appearance. I seriously think, if handled right by DC, she could become a key figure in the near future. Is that speculation? Yes, but with sound basis. The animated art was eschewed originally by collectors because it was targeted to kids, and was too "cartoony". Well, guess what? Tastes change - mine have. I find a particular appeal to the art style combined with the stripped down story-telling. Watch out gang, I think all of the animated releases are going to heat up. All-Star? (shrug) Who knows, but I'm going to pull my copy. :grin:

It seems you only want to bet on a sure thing. Regrets are for losers and crybabies. :cry:lol

I know because all of the books you sell are perfect. Saying "I seriously think, if handled right by DC, she could become a key figure in the near future" isn't a sound basis for speculation, that statement could be attributed to hundreds of characters.

If SA 5 is a 100 dollar book then Batman Beyond 1 should be 1000 dollar book. The numbers don't match up. People are going to take it in the shorts on this and its going to be sooner rather than later. But good luck with your snake oil sales goals in 2014!

There is a difference between calling out trends on something that is heating up organically - that is to say because demand for it has increased or likely will in the future, and throwing out random books on the idea that you can kickstart a demand for them simply to make money. Of course the people that do this will continue to denounce the power of this forum, and a few others on the internet, while at the same type making money on Justice League Adventures 13 and Superman Adventures 4 and 5.

People on this forum are looking to make money. But giving advice on a book that you yourself wouldn't put money into isn't advice that should be given.

People on this forum are looking to make money. But giving advice on a book that you yourself wouldn't put money into isn't advice that should be given.

Deal with it

I know because all of the books you sell are perfect. Saying "I seriously think, if handled right by DC, she could become a key figure in the near future" isn't a sound basis for speculation, that statement could be attributed to hundreds of characters.

If SA 5 is a 100 dollar book then Batman Beyond 1 should be 1000 dollar book. The numbers don't match up. People are going to take it in the shorts on this and its going to be sooner rather than later. But good luck with your snake oil sales goals in 2014!

You can have my Batman Beyond for $900 :baiting:

I think you're missing the point entirely. There is a great appeal for new female characters in comics - always has been. Think Cheryl Blossom and Sabrina - their first apps have sky-rocketed. And it wasn't so long ago they weren't even recognized. :grin:

There is a difference between calling out trends on something that is heating up organically - that is to say because demand for it has increased or likely will in the future, and throwing out random books on the idea that you can kickstart a demand for them simply to make money. Of course the people that do this will continue to denounce the power of this forum, and a few others on the internet, while at the same type making money on Justice League Adventures 13 and Superman Adventures 4 and 5.

lol Do you know how many of the books I've sold in the last 10 years that I would buy back for the same price? Damn near every one of them. :sumo:

And just who do you think should "give advice" on which books to buy? lol

If SA 5 is a 100 dollar book then Batman Beyond 1 should be 1000 dollar book.

Who says BB 1 won't be a $1000 book ITF?

It's inevitable that he shows up somewhere on the big screen eventually. Heck, DC had earmarked URL names for a batman beyond movie website at one point. There's continuous speculation that Terry McGinnis will surface.

http://screenrant.com/batman-beyond-movie-batman-reboot/

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/17/warner-bros-considering-batman-beyond-movie-reports-bof/

Listen, I'm going to say this one time.

Steel is a real character and DC loves black characters.

But what is his first appearance?

Well, anyone who isn't a racist knows that Shaquille O'Neal is Steel.

_57-1_zps2ffaebbc.jpg

You're welcome.

You can have my Batman Beyond for $900 :baiting:

I think you're missing the point entirely. there is a great appeal for new femal characters in comics - always has been. Think Cheryl Blossom and Sabrina - their first apps have sky-rocketed. And it wasn't so long ago they weren't even recognized. :grin:

There is a huge difference between simply recommending SA 5 as a book to flip and recommending the book on the basis that the character has the potential of Harley Quinn and that the book will be the next BA 12. That's all I'm saying.

lol Do you know how many of the books I've sold in the last 10 years that I would buy back for the same price? Damn near every one of them. :sumo:

And just who do you think should "give advice" on which books to buy? lol

Yes I'm sure you're lining up to buy copies of SA 5 for 100 dollars, or anywhere close to that, right now.

It seems to me that you are "birds of a feather" when it comes to arguing - neither of you really tries at understanding what the other is saying. :grin:

That should be the motto of the CGC boards

Who says BB 1 won't be a $1000 book ITF?

It's inevitable that he shows up somewhere on the big screen eventually. Heck, DC had earmarked URL names for a batman beyond movie website at one point. There's continuous speculation that Terry McGinnis will surface.

http://screenrant.com/batman-beyond-movie-batman-reboot/

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/17/warner-bros-considering-batman-beyond-movie-reports-bof/

Based on Livewire's and All-Star's potential it already should be a 1000 dollar book. Terry has probably 10x as many appearances as Livewire, He was created around the same time and is a character who originally appeared in the DCAU. He has headlined his own books several times and has had his own cartoon. And despite all of this and being an alternate version of arguably the most popular superhero today the character's first appearance sells less than Livewire's? But he doesn't have tits and SA 5 is the next BA 12 so it makes perfect sense. lol all day.

But what if the person actually believes that? (for whatever reason?) I don't think its a big deal if he voices that opinion. And we're free to voice our arguments against that opinion. He might be wrong (or right), but I don't think he's saying it purely to troll or anything, so I don't think we should argue against his actual 'right to give a wrong opinion', which is what seems like is going on here.

Edited by Revat