• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

What I am saying is that New Mutants 14 should sell, by anyone, to anyone, for a only few dollars (like any other random, non-key issue of the run), because its current "value" is based on an outright lie that has propagated all over the place.

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That just summed up the modern market the last few years.

So everyone agrees to start selling New Mutants #14 for $2?
Good? good.

Problem solved.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:12 PM, Lazyboy said:

What I am saying is that New Mutants 14 should sell, by anyone, to anyone, for a only few dollars (like any other random, non-key issue of the run), because its current "value" is based on an outright lie that has propagated all over the place.

I think this differentiates today's bubble to that of the 90's. The internet has become a tool to spread ones opinion on a book as "gospel". Aside from vintage keys, I don't see today's prices to be sustainable. 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:01 AM, ygogolak said:

So everyone agrees to start selling New Mutants #14 for $2?
Good? good.

Problem solved.

I bought a NM 14 in nice shape for $3.  Thanks for telling people they should sell cheap

On 11/26/2018 at 10:52 PM, Lazyboy said:

And when people realize the truth and it stops selling so well?

You mean like when people realize that X Men 266 is NOT the first appearance of Gambit? Oh wait... people already know that and continue to pay through the nose for an ultra common issue that is a clear 2nd appearance.

48 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

You mean like when people realize that X Men 266 is NOT the first appearance of Gambit? Oh wait... people already know that and continue to pay through the nose for an ultra common issue that is a clear 2nd appearance.

UXM 266 is clearly the first full appearance of Gambit.

There is absolutely no argument to be made that NM 14 is the first Magik. It is a complete lie.

39 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

He's (somewhat) relevant in 2.5% of the Annual story. If that's not the definition of "brief", I don't know what is.

And your point is what? lol

(What percentage is Darkseid's first app in Jimmy Olsen? .000000000001%? I mean he's in a monitor in 1/25 of a panel in the whole freakin' book.) :roflmao:

emphasis added.

Edited by divad

14 minutes ago, divad said:

And your point is what? lol

(What percentage is Darkseid's first app in Jimmy Olsen? .000000000001%? I mean he's in a monitor in 1/25 of a panel in the whole freakin' book.) :roflmao:

emphasis added.

What is your point? SPJO 134 is obviously also a brief appearance, and noted as such by everybody. (shrug)

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

He's (somewhat) relevant in 2.5% of the Annual story. If that's not the definition of "brief", I don't know what is.

It doesn't matter that it's "brief". It's not a 1-2 panel cameo, therefore it is his FIRST appearance. Not UXM 266.

23 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

What is your point? SPJO 134 is obviously also a brief appearance, and noted as such by everybody. (shrug)

Except that JO 134 is priced like the 1st App . . . regardless of any notation.

9 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Since when? It always matters.

And "brief appearance" only matters when you're making love,:roflmao:

13 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Since when? It always matters.

There are "cameo" and first appearances. A cameo is a 1-2 panel shot. Anything else is a first appearance. Gambit is in no less than 14 panels in XAnnual and has a speaking part. That is a 1st appearance, not a cameo as CGC has erroneously labeled it. Show me another cameo in which a character appears in 14 panels and I'll concede the point. 

1 minute ago, divad said:

Except that JO 134 is priced like the 1st App . . . regardless of any notation.

First appearances aren't priced. Books are valued based on supply and demand. First appearances are only one factor (albeit a large one) that affect only half of the equation.

How many :censored: times do I have to post this? :facepalm:

Just now, Lazyboy said:

First appearances aren't priced. Books are valued based on supply and demand. First appearances are only one factor (albeit a large one) that affect only half of the equation.

How many :censored: times do I have to post this? :facepalm:

Every time I tell you you are wrong.:baiting:

1 minute ago, LordRahl said:

A cameo is a 1-2 panel shot. Anything else is a first appearance.

No.

4 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Gambit is in no less than 14 panels in XAnnual and has a speaking part.

He's relevant to one page of a 40-page story. So what if he's (partially) drawn into the background in a few more group shots?

8 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

There are "cameo" and first appearances. A cameo is a 1-2 panel shot. Anything else is a first appearance. Gambit is in no less than 14 panels in XAnnual and has a speaking part. That is a 1st appearance, not a cameo as CGC has erroneously labeled it. Show me another cameo in which a character appears in 14 panels and I'll concede the point. 

I agree (conditionally) as you both (you and CGC) have it wrong. A "cameo" can never be a 1st Appearance, as a cameo is defined as a unexpected brief appearance of a known person or character. Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon make cameo appearances in comics. Many super-heroes do also, but they (like Reagan and Nixon, and the Beatles for that matter) have already made a first appearance elsewhere. :sumo:

Edited by divad