• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel deaths and resurrections.

28 posts in this topic

Which Marvel characters have actually stayed dead? Uncle Ben, Gwen and...?

But they don't count because they aren't 'in costume'.

Which character has the most interesting resurrection, which one the worst?

Bucky had the potential to be the worst but Brubaker handled that supremely well.

Cap and his time travel bullet was at the opposite end of the spectrum.

The Wasp is back, even though at least two stories since she 'died' have her appearing in the afterlife.

Whenever I read the wiki page on a Marvel character that's been around for 30 years or more I get a headache trying to make sense of the continuity. Seems they've all died and been reborn several times, as well as having multiple alter-egos and at least two conflicting origins. At that's not even counting the multiple earths and pocket dimensions.

A certain other character in the Spider-man books. Since the death was handled pretty poorly in my opinion I can only imagine how the resurrection will be handled.

Comic books should stop killing off characters so clearly. They should leave it ambiguous whether or not a character died.

Like for instance, Gwen should have fallen into the water and her body never found. It left you thinking she was dead, but with the chance she would return years later.

Making it so cut and dry just closes doors for later writers.

I'm will to bet that Gwen Stacy doesn't stay dead.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Do clones count?

I'm will to bet that Gwen Stacy doesn't stay dead.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Gwen has been brought back, her dad not so much. I haven't kept current with Marvel for quite some time. Isn't Captain Marvel still dead? The one Starlin wrote anyway. How about Thunderbird?

I think Uncle Ben is the only character that "stays dead" as his death is the backbone of Spider-man's character. I could see Gwen being brought back, but Uncle Ben needs to stay dead.

To bring back Uncle Ben's would be the equivalent to bringing back Thomas and Martha Wayne. If you do that there is no need for the Batman as his parent's death significantly drives the character.

Isn't Thunderbird still dead?

I think he was brought back to life and then killed again in the Necrosha story line along with several other "dead" mutants.

Just disturbing. Why bring them back only to kill them again?

Everybody beat me to Thunderbird. I thought he was the only Marvel character not to wake from the dirt nap.

I thought Gwen had returned...I could sear I actually read the story but I may be remembering it wrong. Something about her getting her freak on with Norman Osborne? Was that a flashback, not a resurrection?

I just read that Professor X is supposedly currently dead. That was in September, has he still got the breathing habit beat?

Bucky had the potential to be the worst but Brubaker handled that supremely well.

The Wasp is back, even though at least two stories since she 'died' have her appearing in the afterlife.

I thought both Ben and Gwen have been brought back at one point or another.

I thought both Ben and Gwen have been brought back at one point or another.

Peter spoke to Ben as a gift from Dr Strange in one issue and now in 700 as Peter 'died'

Gwen was in flashback only