• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POV'S GA Precode Non_Practice #2 Poser Defect

11 posts in this topic

This is one of the legendary Harvey "File Copy" books - which are actually not file copies but warehouse finds - which is something I had been arguing with certain a CGC now uber-high official, but when we have a fine red wine in our glasses the arguing tends to be more bantering! But dagnabbit they are NOT file copies! But the book DOES have the most amazing gloss and color depth - just shockingly brilliant. And the centering is almost textbook. Anyway - the "poser" is that bottom right back crunch. Yes - it is a crunch. And because this is a warehouse find, with the usual CR-OW pages, the signs of that back cover crunch go all the way to page one, manifesting itself in color change in continuing lesser degrees.

So without further commentary:

wt23f.jpg

wt23b.jpg

Nice book, POV! It's tough to grade such pretty books that have that one near fatal defect. I would probably call it a F/VF or VF-. Straight VF wouldn't be unreasonable on the Golden Age curve.

Thanks for sharing it with us! thumbsup2.gif

Nice book, POV! It's tough to grade such pretty books that have that one near fatal defect. I would probably call it a F/VF or VF-. Straight VF wouldn't be unreasonable on the Golden Age curve.

SAY, Jim! That's a bad OutFIT! Wooo! grin.gif

I confess posting these for a few reasons: to give folks things to grade, to gauge my opinions against theirs in the upcoming contest, to offer some more fodder to just express opinions before the contest, and to get a \\opinions on the grade from folks I respect.

I am gonna post a couple of actual CGC graded books as well so there will actually be a confirmation!

I would say structurally 7.5, but the eye appeal is much better than that. I hate to be rough on this very nice looking book, but that corner is pretty bad. Combined with the various spine stresses (on the black part of the cover! foreheadslap.gif) knocks it out of the VF to VF+ range.

The centering is very nice, but when you look at the text box on the bottom, you can see that it is just a wee bit off. thumbsup2.gif

the eye appeal is much better than that. I hate to be rough on this very nice looking book, but that corner is pretty bad.

Yes - it is the kind of thing I am looking for. No need to soft-pedal. All it will do is give a sense of false-confidence! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Yes - it is the kind of thing I am looking for. No need to soft-pedal. All it will do is give a sense of false-confidence! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

SOFT-PEDALLING?!?! Whyioughta...

Structurally, your book is a piece of 893censored-thumb.gif! Visually, the book could be improved if I took a 893censored-thumb.gif on it! The centering is 893censored-thumb.gif! Your grading skills are 893censored-thumb.gif!

...oh...and it's probably trimmed!

tongue.gifflowerred.gif

SOFT-PEDALLING?!?! Whyioughta...

Structurally, your book is a piece of 893censored-thumb.gif! Visually, the book could be improved if I took a 893censored-thumb.gif on it! The centering is 893censored-thumb.gif! Your grading skills are 893censored-thumb.gif!

...oh...and it's probably trimmed!

tongue.gifflowerred.gif

Well, Mister Cat's Pajama's, you missed three areas of color touch on the front, eleven tear seals on the back, and the fact the back cover doesn't belong to the front cover! tongue.gif

PS - will have this beauty up on ebay with a proud "CGC IT"! Please come bid! 27_laughing.gif