• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You cannot get the grades of books until after they Ship from CGC??

8 posts in this topic

Little Distraught,

I used to be able to get the grades from CGC as soon as they were graded now they are telling me grades are not available until after they ship...This could be at least a week or so after they are graded...and also extends the time from when they are graded...i.e the books are graded at 15-business days and you pay for it..now it could be as much as 25-days even though you paid the increase in CGC Grading fees....

Does this issue bother anyone else???

Little Distraught,

I used to be able to get the grades from CGC as soon as they were graded now they are telling me grades are not available until after they ship...This could be at least a week or so after they are graded...and also extends the time from when they are graded...i.e the books are graded at 15-business days and you pay for it..now it could be as much as 25-days even though you paid the increase in CGC Grading fees....

Does this issue bother anyone else???

I am bothered by this as well. I can understand why they started, but if my reasoning is accurate, they should have done this a long time ago.

My thoughts: People see their grades and call or e-mail to bust their chops and see if they can get it re-evaluated. I've done this plenty. I don't thinkl they like it.

As to why now? Maybe this falls into the conspiracy theory camp: Maybe the grades are tougher now and they have changed, as some have implied. This would result in more people calling to complain about their grades causing logistics problems where they are already severe nough as it is.

If the books are shipped you really can't ask for a re-evaluation, can you? That is the only explanation I can conjour.

So far this one and Comics General is working out best...In any case some additional thoughts:

If the book is not final-graded..I got it...fully understand their is a possibilty of the grade changing as it goes through encapsulation...

But I kind of fall under the belief, that if someone gets a pre-grade, asks for a quick re-check because they don't think that should be the grade...CGC get upset because they think they should be paid more since they are technically grading the book twice....

If this is the issue...charge a small fee for re-grading before it ships...Postage in some cases can be more expensive then the actual grading along with the wait time for shipping which can also be frustrating.

But if CGC cannot make the time-frame for which you are paying i.e. I pay for Standard but cannot even get the grades until 25 days later because I have to wait for an additional 10 days for the books to ship...This issue needs to be fixed....

Just my humble opinion (shrug)