• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLAS/MARVEL PRE-HEROS...48 HOUR BIRTHDAY DISCOUNT!

36 posts in this topic

Gonna part with these for the time being to fund a big book (or two)...hate to see 'em go...a couple are doubles and I'll recollect the others when the time is right...

As usual, all books are guaranteed satisfaction!

Price includes shipping to the USA/Canada. Elsewhere exact shipping cost less $5 bucks. Prices are pretty firm but will certainly entertain discounts for multiple book purchases. PMs welcome!

No HOSers :boo: ...POSers :mad: ...Probies :tonofbricks: or deadbeats! :sumo:

Shipping. USPS 1st Class or Priority depending on package size. Insurance at my option.

Payment. PP, MO or CHK...CHK must clear prior to book shipping if we don't know each other...

I'm on vacation until Jan 2 so won't be able to ship any books until then at the earliest...

Let the books begin... :headbang:

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 53 JULY 1959

VISTA PUBLICATIONS INC (MARVEL) VG-VG+

Robot cover. Nice VG+ copy with initial appearance of a FN-ish copy but downgraded by a couple of long diagonal creases on FC…the one just breaking color across the Alien’s (Robot’s) chest. Dark distribution ink mark at top center (EY of JOURNEY) goes all the way through book. Spine and bottom edge wear commensurate with the grade. 1/32-inch overhang top cover both FC and BC….nice overall edges. Nice FC colors/gloss. BC is in nice shape with light NCB creasing. Interior covers are a nice off-white with a hint of tanning at bottom edges. Nice overall registration, FC nice and vertical with an 1/8-inch overwrap to the BC. Interior white to off-white pages are in excellent overall shape…COMPLETE!

2012 OSPG $64 in VG/$96 in FN grade. Very little GPA or other sales data for this one.

:news: SOLD! :news:

JIM53FC_zpscb0318aa.jpg

JIM53BC_zpsab9ed6e2.jpg

STRANGE TALES 79 DEC 1960

ATLAS COMICS (VISTA PUBLICATIONS INC) (MARVEL) VG

Classic Ditko Monster cover! Doctor Strange prototype story. De-slabbed CGC graded copy Universal blue label 4.0 OW/Serial #0162265022 (comes with label and acid neutralization paper inserts). Visible wear along the spine and bottom edge/bottom right corner pull the overall grade down…very nicely presenting copy for the grade. Also the BC is offset to the FC with ¼-inch plus pages exposed to view. Dust shadow on BC bottom left corner and bottom edge. Off-white pages.

2012 OSPG $46 in VG grade. Very little sales data...GPA or otherwise.

ASK PRICE $89

No BC scan at present...

STRANGETALES79-1_zpsb22da9d9.jpg

STRANGE TALES 97 JUNE 1962

ATLAS COMICS (VISTA PUBLICATIONS INC) (MARVEL) VG

Classic End Of The World cover. 1st appearance of Aunt May and Uncle Ben by Steve Ditko pre Amazing Fantasy 15. Solid VG copy. Creasing along spine and top left corner area (ST of STRANGE). Pretty rough top staple and a hint of non-migrating rust at each staple…staple pulls…cover attached. Some other general NCB creasing and rumpliness to the FC…no Marvel chipping. 1/16-inch overhang both top FC and BC. Nice overall edges…little chip out of bottom spine corner. Back cover is in decent shape with several long NCB creases…general fade to the overall white background. Nice registration, book well-centered and lays flat with a hint of reader-roll at the spine…centerfold firmly attached. Interior covers exhibit a light mottling tanning. Interior white to off-white pages are in great overall shape…COMPLETE!

2012 OSPG $76 in VG grade.

ASK PRICE $119

Purchased here on the boards from comicdey...ask price is $6 less than what I paid. No back cover scan at this time...

ST_97_zps3fa4eb40.jpg

TALES OF SUSPENSE 19 JULY 1961

ATLAS COMICS (VISTA PUBLICATIONS INC) (MARVEL) VG+

De-slabbed CGC graded copy Universal blue label 4.5 OWW/Serial #0157097027 (comes with label and acid neutralization paper inserts). Beautiful copy for the grade…perfect registration. Cream to off-white pages. 2012 OSPG $56 in VG/$84 in FN grade.

ASK PRICE $69

TOS19CGC45_zps16c543d7.jpg

TALESOFSUSPENSE19CGC45_zps5f56b45a.jpg

TOS19BC-1_zpscddbc56b.jpg

TALES TO ASTONISH 20 JUNE 1961

ATLAS COMICS (VISTA PUBLICATIONS INC) (MARVEL) VG+

Classic Pre-Hero Monster cover. De-slabbed CGC graded copy Universal blue label 4.5 OWW/Serial #0157097029 (comes with label and acid neutralization paper inserts). Beautiful copy for the grade…perfect registration. Off-white to white pages.

2012 OSPG $56 in VG/$84 in FN grade. Very little sales data GPA or otherwise.

ASK PRICE $79

No slab or BC scan at present...

TTA20VG_zpsc3b72356.jpg

TALES TO ASTONISH 34 AUG 1962

ATLAS COMICS (VISTA PUBLICATIONS INC) (MARVEL) VG/FN

Classic Pre-Hero Monster cover! Voted top Pre-Hero cover here on the boards in an informal poll. De-slabbed PGX graded copy Universal blue label 5.0 CR/OW/Serial #501084161 (comes with label and acid neutralization paper insert). I don’t disagree with the grade…FN-ish looking copy overall except for CB parallel creasing along the spine. Nice vivid cover colors/gloss. Cream to off-white pages.

2012 OSPG $46 in VG/$69 in FN grade. Very little sales data GPA or otherwise.

ASK PRICE $99

TTA34FC_zpsc369da61.jpg

TTA34BC_zps0b898c1a.jpg

Robot cover. Nice VG+ copy with initial appearance of a FN-ish copy but downgraded by a couple of long diagonal creases on FC…the one just breaking color across the Alien’s (Robot’s) chest. Dark distribution ink mark at top center (EY of JOURNEY) goes all the way through book. Spine and bottom edge wear commensurate with the grade. 1/32-inch overhang top cover both FC and BC….nice overall edges. Nice FC colors/gloss. BC is in nice shape with light NCB creasing. Interior covers are a nice off-white with a hint of tanning at bottom edges. Nice overall registration, FC nice and vertical with an 1/8-inch overwrap to the BC. Interior white to off-white pages are in excellent overall shape…COMPLETE!

2012 OSPG $64 in VG/$96 in FN grade. Very little GPA or other sales data for this one.

ASK PRICE $79

JIM53FC_zpscb0318aa.jpg

JIM53BC_zpsab9ed6e2.jpg

:takeit:

ASK PRICE $79

JIM53FC_zpscb0318aa.jpg

JIM53BC_zpsab9ed6e2.jpg

We have a ^^

THX Frankie! :gossip: I think I'm gonna have to throw in a freebie or two... :headbang:

Along with the book or two I'm after...just realized I need new golf clubs as well... :bump:

Still available...prices include shipping!

Strange Tales 79 VG (de-slabbed CGC 4.0 blue label) $89

Strange Tales 97 VG $119

Tales of Suspense 19 VG+ (de-slabbed CGC 4.5 blue label) $69

Tales to Astonish 20 VG+ (de-slabbed CGC 4.5 blue label) $79

Tales of Suspense 34 VG/FN (de-slabbed PGX 4.5 blue label) $99

Along with the book or two I'm after...just realized I need new golf clubs as well... :bump:

Strange Tales 97 VG $119

Golf in December? You Californians! There's six inches of snow on the ground where I am. lol

Strange Tales 97 VG $119

Birthday Discount 48-hours Sale...as of midnite tonite PST through midnight Jan 1 the following discounts are offered...

ST 79 $79 (now how's that for synchronicity!)

ST 97 take 10% off this book ($107) combined with any other book purchase

TOS 19 $59

TTA 20 $69

TTA 34 $89

Classic Pre-Hero Monster cover! Voted top Pre-Hero cover here on the boards in an informal poll. De-slabbed PGX graded copy Universal blue label 5.0 CR/OW/Serial #501084161 (comes with label and acid neutralization paper insert). I don’t disagree with the grade…FN-ish looking copy overall except for CB parallel creasing along the spine. Nice vivid cover colors/gloss. Cream to off-white pages.

ASK PRICE $99

TTA34FC_zpsc369da61.jpg

TTA34BC_zps0b898c1a.jpg

ASK PRICE $99

TTA34FC_zpsc369da61.jpg

TTA34BC_zps0b898c1a.jpg

^^

THX for the purchase! :headbang:

What's left...

Strange Tales 79 VG (de-slabbed CGC 4.0 blue label) $79

Strange Tales 97 VG $119

Tales of Suspense 19 VG+ (de-slabbed CGC 4.5 blue label) $59

Tales to Astonish 20 VG+ (de-slabbed CGC 4.5 blue label) $69