• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age dreams - they do come true

156 posts in this topic

My current copper age dream would be finding a hulk 400 with no foil. Ive never seen or heard of one, but maybe there is one out ther for me. :wishluck:

What's so special about this book? I got one, didn't cost much. (shrug)

1st Dark Horse comic

1st Concrete

Crazy-cool cover art

One of the early contributors to the B&W explosion - but in a good way

WOW!

I'd be okay with a 9.8, though I know your coveted 9.9 or better is always the goal.

The 9.9 or better thing is all a part of the OCD. For instance, if you look at the spine about half way down, it looks like there is a stress mark. It's a piece of feiggin dust. All I see is a big piece of dust with a 9.9 spiderman around it. I'll probably have it re-slabbed. And I will not rest until I have all all my favorite books in an 11.0!!!

WOW!

I'd be okay with a 9.8, though I know your coveted 9.9 or better is always the goal.

The 9.9 or better thing is all a part of the OCD. For instance, if you look at the spine about half way down, it looks like there is a stress mark. It's a piece of feiggin dust. All I see is a big piece of dust with a 9.9 spiderman around it. I'll probably have it re-slabbed. And I will not rest until I have all all my favorite books in an 11.0!!!

You will feel better if you think that some day they’ll all eventually deteriorate. Then you’ll enjoy more Very Fine copies as well… ;)

WOW!

You will feel better if you think that some day they’ll all eventually deteriorate. Then you’ll enjoy more Very Fine copies as well… ;)

By the time happens, my own condition should be somewhere between .5 and 1.0.

As much as I like the third printing of Hulk #377, I think nothing beats the color scheme of the first printing. Two fluorescent colors, the right ones, and perfectly placed. :)
The 1st print looks great, but I like the more subtle, yet striking colors of the third print. All 3 are actually pretty sweet.

As much as I like the third printing of Hulk #377, I think nothing beats the color scheme of the first printing. Two fluorescent colors, the right ones, and perfectly placed. :)
The 1st print looks great, but I like the more subtle, yet striking colors of the third print. All 3 are actually pretty sweet.

I see 1st prints and 3rd prints. What does the 2nd print look like?

I see 1st prints and 3rd prints. What does the 2nd print look like?

1st printing

377-3rd-print-004-copy.jpg

2nd printing

377-3rd-print-003.jpg

3rd printing

377-3rd-print-002-copy.jpg