• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neatstuff Collection - :) or :(

107 posts in this topic

It's sad because this "VF average" lot being returned because it's nowhere near VF average, will now be passed on as a second chance offer, still as VF average. :(

No doubt, this collection will be reposted with the exact same grade, just hoping for a sucker with money to burn to come along :tonofbricks:

When the economy tanked and people lost their jobs, some desperate people thought "let me start a business selling comic books." I saw several people in the span of a few months trying to buy comics in bulk from dealers at shows. All the dealers stuck with their drek were smiling....you could tell they were thinking "sucker." as they tried to ~help~ them out.

DG

It's a real shame about your deal and it's made me slightly concerned.

I've noticed that quite a number of the bulk Marvel Silver Age lots Neatstuff have been listing on Ebay recently are described as "very high grade, average VF and all the way up to 9.4".

I've been following Neatstuff auctions for a long time, and I've never seen so many purportedly 'high-grade' Silver Age bulk lots being offered.

I'd assume Neatstuff would be taking any 9.4's out of the bulk lots, getting them slabbed and then offered individually on Ebay by their sister seller Sparkle City Comics.

I mean, Neatstuff and Sparkle City are the same people, right?

my guess is all the real "good" stuffs are already picked out/slabbed for the Sparklecity auctions.

Hard to tell but it is up to you go sit thru and grade and price all 500 plus books to know for sure if it is worth it. Based on previous threads about Ross, he will work with buyers if you are not happy with the books.

Would I do it? I am too lazy these days to do something like this.

I have never bought from Ross but I bought a few bulk deals..the biggest was about 1000 books(SA+BA with many low to midg grade keys like Silver Surfer #1, Iron Man #1, etc..) for about $8k and I think I ultimately made money from that deal but it was so much work in hindsight that there is no way I will every do that again.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5045200&fpart=1