• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question abt the CGC holder, Is it sealed properly?

10 posts in this topic

I don't think the plastic housing is properly sealed on the book I just got back from CGC. When i pinch the front & back there's a 1/8" (at least) play between both sides of the holder. This occurs on both the spine & other side of the holder. On one side there's a little catch before it expands.

I've only gotten 4 other books graded so I'm not an expert & don't know how to proceed. When i spoke with CGC (about another issue) prior to Christmas they seemed rather busy, I don't know if it was just the day but i'd rather not bug them on the phone unless necessary.

I had similar questions about gaps, squeaky slabs, and what not, seems like they aren't put together all that great. Most people say it'll be fine, some boardies even suggest putting it at the bottom of a pile of a few slabs and the weight will help with the gap.

I don't think the plastic housing is properly sealed on the book I just got back from CGC. When i pinch the front & back there's a 1/8" (at least) play between both sides of the holder. This occurs on both the spine & other side of the holder. On one side there's a little catch before it expands.

I've only gotten 4 other books graded so I'm not an expert & don't know how to proceed. When i spoke with CGC (about another issue) prior to Christmas they seemed rather busy, I don't know if it was just the day but i'd rather not bug them on the phone unless necessary.

The case is fine. That amount of play isn't out of the ordinary. As long as your posts at the corners are sealed you are good.