• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2013 book club

701 posts in this topic

Is the idea of this that we have to read 1000 comics in the year? Do they need to be all back issues or should we just list what we read each week. I easily made this last year.

OK, so here are some of the rules are:

- Time frame: Starting January 1st to December 31st 2013 any comic book you read can be added to this list.

- Comics of any time type can be included. Back issues are fine. For me, this thread was originally done for me to try and get through my large pile of new issues that I tend to get behind on.

- How you want to do this is up to you really. It isn't a competition. It is done also to get people talking about various comics. That is the important thing.

Anyone else have rules they go by?

Is the idea of this that we have to read 1000 comics in the year? Do they need to be all back issues or should we just list what we read each week. I easily made this last year.

- Time frame: Starting January 1st to December 31st 2013 any comic book you read can be added to this list.

- Comics of any time type can be included. Back issues are fine. For me, this thread was originally done for me to try and get through my large pile of new issues that I tend to get behind on.

- How you want to do this is up to you really. It isn't a competition. It is done also to get people talking about various comics. That is the important thing.

I read a lot of European and Japanese Comics. Do you guys usually count these as one or do you divide the number of pages (22 pages = 1 comic)?

I read a lot of European and Japanese Comics. Do you guys usually count these as one or do you divide the number of pages (22 pages = 1 comic)?

I would do 22 pages = 1 comic. That is fair.

Do trades count for the number of issues they cover? Say a trade collects issues 1-5, so does that count for 5?

I think I normally read around 1000 a year, but it would be cool to see how many I do read, so I'll give a try too.

Do trades count for the number of issues they cover? Say a trade collects issues 1-5, so does that count for 5?

I think I normally read around 1000 a year, but it would be cool to see how many I do read, so I'll give a try too.

I only read collected editions so I'm going to say yes to this. a Trade is a collection of comics so I don't see any problem with it... (shrug)

Got to 1004 comics this year. Let's see if I can beat that nr in 2013...

I do think there should be a 2000 comic and even a 3000 comic topic for those that 1000 is childsplay (you know who you are :grin:)

I can't do 3000 ... that's a little too much. I was all read out at around 2400 this year, but because last year I didn't get to 2500 I really wanted to do it this year. So the last 100 or so was pushing it a bit as I really was longing to finally read a book again.

After I stopped at 2500 just before Xmas I started reading a book...and of course I picked this one :

24_marvelhistory_2012_09_28_bk01_z.jpg

doh!

At the moment I'm not sure if I'll enter the "1000 comics in 2013" as I still kinda feel I overdid it this year and I don't want it to become a chore just to beat last year's number.

i'm in but with a more modest goal this year: 1300 in 2011, 1800 in 2012, i'm targeting 1200 this year. 1800 was too many. plus i will definitely knock off some of the longer runs i've had lying around for years (or want to re-read): American Flagg, Sandman, Animal Man, Nexus, Starman, 100 Bullets. i'm down to 10 modern floppies a month, so it's going to be mainly back issue bin fodder.

Got to 1004 comics this year. Let's see if I can beat that nr in 2013...

I do think there should be a 2000 comic and even a 3000 comic topic for those that 1000 is childsplay (you know who you are :grin:)

I can't do 3000 ... that's a little too much. I was all read out at around 2400 this year, but because last year I didn't get to 2500 I really wanted to do it this year. So the last 100 or so was pushing it a bit as I really was longing to finally read a book again.

After I stopped at 2500 just before Xmas I started reading a book...and of course I picked this one :

24_marvelhistory_2012_09_28_bk01_z.jpg

doh!

At the moment I'm not sure if I'll enter the "1000 comics in 2013" as I still kinda feel I overdid it this year and I don't want it to become a chore just to beat last year's number.

I really wanted that book for Christmas but I got some hockey books instead. Not that I'm disappointed with them though.

That's why I stopped after 2011. It felt like a chore.

Reviews, even short ones. I like to see what people think about the books that they have read.