• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2013 book club

701 posts in this topic

I will try this. Hopefully, I don't forget to add a bunch!

1. New Avengers #1

2. Batman: The Dark Knight #15

3. All-New X-Men #5

4. Manhattan Projects #8

5. Teen Titans #15

6. Fatale #11

7. Superman #15

8. Morbius, the Living Vampire #1

9. Red Lanterns #15

10. Cable and X-Force #2

11-16. Wonder Woman: Ends of the Earth trade (WW #20-25)

17-24. The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 1 (Showcase #22-24, GL #1-5)

25. Uncanny X-Men #141

26. Uncanny X-Men #142

27-32. Saga Trade (Saga #1-6)

Revival #1 - 5

Saga #1 - 6

My 2 favorite new moderns of 2012

:cloud9:

That leaves me at 11 for the year so far

I actually just ordered the first tpb of Revival (issues 1-5 plus a short story from free comic book day).

I know little about the story, but what I've seen looks really good!

I read the Revival TPB as my first comics of 2013. Really like the story and cannot wait for the second volume.

I've now read Revival #1-5 3 times and it honestly gets better every time. Well worth a read (thumbs u

I also read Saga for the second time and have felt a bit meh! the first time around I loved it on the second (thumbs u I just don't think I was in the right frame of mind when I read it originally and now I regret selling my individual issues :cry:

I finished off the Marvel Masterworks

ASM 3-5

I think Ditko and Lee start to hit their stride with ASM 3. I feel like the first couple issues were good, but things really get solid with the creation of Doc Ock and then Sandman.

Then I continued with my re-reading of Slott's run on ASM

ASM 677

Daredevil 8

This is the crossover written by Waid so it really isn't Slott's run. This was kind of a fun two part story though. I wish Waid had used Blackcat more as they had some good chemistry here.

New Total:11

Revival #1 - 5

Saga #1 - 6

I actually just ordered the first tpb of Revival (issues 1-5 plus a short story from free comic book day).

I read the Revival TPB as my first comics of 2013. Really like the story and cannot wait for the second volume.

I've now read Revival #1-5 3 times and it honestly gets better every time. Well worth a read (thumbs u

I also read Saga for the second time and have felt a bit meh! the first time around I loved it on the second (thumbs u I just don't think I was in the right frame of mind when I read it originally and now I regret selling my individual issues :cry:

That is funny. I read the first issue of Revival and it didn't pull me in.

Then I read the first trade of Saga and I was just blown away. Maybe I'll re-read it and see if it isn't as good on the second reading.

Revival #1 - 5

Saga #1 - 6

That is funny. I read the first issue of Revival and it didn't pull me in.

Then I read the first trade of Saga and I was just blown away. Maybe I'll re-read it and see if it isn't as good on the second reading.

I found both Revival and Saga to be dull and clichéd.

Found a batch of comics while filing that I didn't get to previously:

33. Fantastic Four #2

34. Red Hood and the Outlaws #15

35. Saga #7

36. Saga #8

37. Thor, God of Thunder #3

38. Captain Marvel #8

39. All-New X-Men #4

40. Avengers #2

41. Uncanny X-Force #35

42. Thunderbolts #2

43. Green Lantern #15

44. Astonishing X-Men #57

45. Nightwing #15

46. Thief of Thieves #11

47. Birds of Prey #15

48. Catwoman #14

49. X-Men Legacy #3

and, I pulled an old favorite for. . .

50. We3 #3

I just read Hellboy Wake the Devil! 5 issues plus 1 with the extra stories of the Library Edition.

10 issues so far this year.

Read Hellboy The House of the Living Dead that I got in the SS gift exchange. It's 64 pages (?) and light on text so I'm going to count it as two issues!

Total: 12 (still a long way to go)

100 comics in 2013 Club

Totals: 41 books

Log:

Jan 1: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 1 (JMS/JRJR) 14 issues

Jan 3: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 2 15 issues

Jan 5: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus 12 issues

51-56. Morning Glories Trade, Vol. 1 (#1-6)

57-62. Morning Glories Trade, Vol. 2 (#7-12)

Apparently, I'm trying to get there sometime in March.

What you think of MOrning Glories? I thought the first few issues were pretty good, but then things just got more convoluted.

51-56. Morning Glories Trade, Vol. 1 (#1-6)

57-62. Morning Glories Trade, Vol. 2 (#7-12)

Apparently, I'm trying to get there sometime in March.

What you think of MOrning Glories? I thought the first few issues were pretty good, but then things just got more convoluted.

I agree, but I'd like to re-read them, and get caught up. Sometimes, it gets like that in the middle of a storyline.

100 comics in 2013 Club

Totals: 47 books

Log:

Jan 1: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 1 (JMS/JRJR) 14 issues

Jan 3: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 2 15 issues

Jan 5: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus 12 issues

Jan 6 Captain America: The Chose (6 issues)

Written by the scribe who created Rambo, this (I though) was a fun not-in-continuity story of the spirit of Captain America and his desire to serve his country in anyway right up until his last breath.

63-72. Fables Deluxe Edition, Volume 1 (#1-10)

. . . and with that, I'm taking the dog to the park and finishing errands! I really don't normally read this much in a week, but I've been kind of fired up about it this weekend.

More Reading today:

Earth 2 1-7 and 0,

Green Lantern 1-15, 0

All new X-men 5

Ironman 5

Minimum Carnage story ( 6 issues)

Mara 1

Manhattan Projects 8

Total thus far: 40

Added venom lethal protector 1-6, New total is 46[/quote

Defenders 12,

Venom 28, 29

ASM 682-687, ends of the earth 1, Avenging Spider-man 8

New total is 57

I finished off the Marvel Masterworks

ASM 3-5

I think Ditko and Lee start to hit their stride with ASM 3. I feel like the first couple issues were good, but things really get solid with the creation of Doc Ock and then Sandman.

Then I continued with my re-reading of Slott's run on ASM

ASM 677

Daredevil 8

This is the crossover written by Waid so it really isn't Slott's run. This was kind of a fun two part story though. I wish Waid had used Blackcat more as they had some good chemistry here.

New Total:11

Just read ASM 678-682

I'm hitting the start of Ends of the Earth. I enjoyed the last story with Torch and Spider-Man going into space. It was fun.

The one with the door into the future was good too.

Slott's run has been a lot better reading it as a whole. Spider-Island still felt a little crazy and I'm wondering how I'll feel about Ends of the Earth this time. Those were two big moments I didn't like.

New Total is 16

I'm not going as fast as I thought. That is probably because I'm reading an actual book and it is probably slowing me down on the comic reading.