• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2013 book club

701 posts in this topic

Rachel Rising #1-#12.

Intriguing, illuminating, elemental and quite brilliant. Completely pisses all over books like Saga & Revival.

Total: 22

Glad to hear you liked it :applause:

Rachel Rising #1-#12.

Intriguing, illuminating, elemental and quite brilliant. Completely pisses all over books like Saga & Revival.

Too bad I can only find the TPB's on EBAY (international shipping makes it out of what I would be willing to pay).

I love Moore's work, I really can't wait to read this.

100 comics in 2013 Club

Totals: 53 books

Log:

Jan 1: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 1 (JMS/JRJR) (14 issues)

Jan 3: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 2 (15 issues)

Jan 5: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus (12 issues)

Jan 6: Captain America: The Chose (6 issues)

Jan 6: Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine (6 issues)

A fun throwaway non-continuity time travel story by Jason Aaron with some very nice Adam Kubert art. Wanna see what a Phoenix Force gun looks like? How about if Logan and Peter were trapped in a Kirby-era Devil Dinosaur story line? As I said a fun concept peppered with the usual Spidey Quips and Wolverine "bubs" that make for a nice read.

I'll give it a shot.

Venom #25

Minimum Carnage Alpha #1

Scarlet Spider #10

Venom #26

Scarlet Spider #11

Venom #27

Minimum Carnage Omega #1

Total for 2013: 7

8) Venom #28

9) Venom #29 (Kind of losing Interest since Bunn took over - I like Remender)

10) Thor, God of Thunder #1 (It was a great read)

100 comics in 2013 Club

Totals: 53 books

Log:

A fun throwaway non-continuity time travel story by Jason Aaron with some very nice Adam Kubert art. Wanna see what a Phoenix Force gun looks like? How about if Logan and Peter were trapped in a Kirby-era Devil Dinosaur story line? As I said a fun concept peppered with the usual Spidey Quips and Wolverine "bubs" that make for a nice read.

I enjoyed this first arc of Avenging. I've never understood the continuity of Avenging though. I believe it is now in continuity...It wouldn't have made sense with the above mentioned story obviously...

Rachel Rising #1-#12.

Glad to hear you liked it :applause:

I have good taste. :whistle:

Prophet #21 - Man wakes up on a strange planet and makes love to a smoking alien.... whats not to like lol

Rage #1-3 ... Based on a video game I've not played, not sure why I ordered this. Was a fun forgettable 3 issues, thats about it.

Total: 4

Revival #1 - 5

Saga #1 - 6

My 2 favorite new moderns of 2012

:cloud9:

That leaves me at 11 for the year so far

Add Tales of Supsense #39 - #45

Total 18

Started the Complete Maus yesterday. Not sure how to count it but I guess chapters are good so I read Chapter 1 and 2

Total = 20

Just read ASM 678-682

I'm hitting the start of Ends of the Earth. I enjoyed the last story with Torch and Spider-Man going into space. It was fun.

The one with the door into the future was good too.

Slott's run has been a lot better reading it as a whole. Spider-Island still felt a little crazy and I'm wondering how I'll feel about Ends of the Earth this time. Those were two big moments I didn't like.

New Total is 16

I'm not going as fast as I thought. That is probably because I'm reading an actual book and it is probably slowing me down on the comic reading.

Continuing with my re-reading of Slott's run:

ASM 682-687

This was pretty much all of Ends of the Earth. As I've found with most of Slott's run, I enjoyed this more. At the same time, as I found with Spider Island, it still felt like it was missing something. I feel like Slott's big arcs were just lacking. The Avengers getting turned into Ock Zombies just felt so cheap.

I liked the line drops for Dying Wish and Superior though. Slott really dropped the seeds early for his big event, especially if it really started back during 600.

New Total: 22

1000 comics in 2013 Club

Totals: 67 books

Log:

Jan 8: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 3 (14 issues)

Robocop: Road Trip #1 - Follows on from the 1st movie (so it said)... confusing 1st issue, I couldn't really make out what was going on, other then Robocop is losing his mind and an old man wants to get into his body to prolong his life. I was losing my mind by the end of it. Hopefully the next few issues make sense!

The Theater #1,2 - Self contained horror stories from the company that brings you large-boobs. Surprisingly quite good, I enjoyed the 1st one alot, nice "human" take on a zombie tale. The second one not as good, looking forward to the last two.

Total: 7