• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A New Year's thank you to those who make CG great...the stupid people.

76 posts in this topic

Thanks to the various noobs who come here and start threads before the proverbial ink is dry on their application for membership. Whatever you do, don't try and look around, read the rules or get a feel for how this Forum is run. Just jump in with all your gusto! Special thanks to the extra-stupid ones who resist any reasoned attempt at correction. You're keeping it lively!

:applause:

Best whiskey I ever tasted was a bottle of Ezra Brooks from 1952. The neighbors were cleaning out after their grandpa passed away, and they had one of those "collectible" bottles and wanted a ton for it.

I allowed as how I wasn't interested in the bottle, just the contents, and they agreed to crack it open and sell me the booze only.....for ten bucks.

Dashed home, cleaned out a near-empty peanut butter jar, galloped back with an empty jug and a tenner outstretched, lol

I know that whiskey doesn't age after it's taken out of the keg and bottled, but it sure must mellow. Far and away the smoothest whiskey I ever tasted.

Oh, this was circa 2000, so just under 50 years in the bottle.

My favourite single malt is Strathisla. In particular the 1953.

Strathisla

Best whiskey I ever tasted was a bottle of Ezra Brooks from 1952. The neighbors were cleaning out after their grandpa passed away, and they had one of those "collectible" bottles and wanted a ton for it.

I allowed as how I wasn't interested in the bottle, just the contents, and they agreed to crack it open and sell me the booze only.....for ten bucks.

Dashed home, cleaned out a near-empty peanut butter jar, galloped back with an empty jug and a tenner outstretched, lol

I know that whiskey doesn't age after it's taken out of the keg and bottled, but it sure must mellow. Far and away the smoothest whiskey I ever tasted.

Oh, this was circa 2000, so just under 50 years in the bottle.

My favourite single malt is Strathisla. In particular the 1953.

Strathisla

Glengoyne 1990

It's now become my favourite Scotch, beating even the earth staggeringly good Suntory Yamazaki 18 yr old.

Dear n00bs,

CGC is currently looking for motivated individuals to join the message boards. No application is necessary, however all n00bs must possess one or more of the following characteristics.

1) Post full on with "guns blazing"

2) Needy

3) Chip on shoulder

4) Overcompensating or desperate urge to post anything in an effort to fit in

5) No self editor

6) Obstinately deny self responsibility for anything

7) Anti-CGC agenda

8) Little to no sense of proper grammar or spelling

9) Re-assigning blame for your plight to the various cliques and "old boy" network. Also known as the CGC Elite

10) Thin skin

Dear n00bs,

CGC is currently looking for motivated individuals to join the message boards. No application is necessary, however all n00bs must possess one or more of the following characteristics.

2) Needy

3) Chip on shoulder

5) No self editor

7) Anti-CGC agenda

9) Re-assigning blame for your plight to the various cliques and "old boy" network. Also known as the CGC Elite

10) Thin skin

11) Previous enrollment in court-appointed anger management classes a plus

12) Account sharing with family members and pets encouraged

13) Belief that random thoughts, especially those incorporating the concepts of "best" or "worst" should immediately be immortalized for posterity in a thread and possibly bronzed

To all the stupid, intellectually-challenged, mouthbreathing, pompous d-bags I forgot...

you too Sunshine! :mad:

Oh, come now. I doubt anyone could label you 'pompous'

Dear n00bs,

2) Needy

3) Chip on shoulder

5) No self editor

7) Anti-CGC agenda

10) Thin skin

13) Belief that random thoughts, especially those incorporating the concepts of "best" or "worst" should immediately be immortalized for posterity in a thread and possibly bronzed

14) Additionally, must have birthday

Revised list!

Dear n00bs,

2) Needy

3) Chip on shoulder

5) No self editor

7) Anti-CGC agenda

10) Thin skin

14) Additionally, must have birthday

15) Must be predisposed to FDQ exits