• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A New Year's thank you to those who make CG great...the stupid people.

76 posts in this topic

Dear Stupid People in the Comic Collecting World,

Yes, it's a New Year and I thought I would take a moment to thank all those folks out there who made this Forum so lively in 2012. That's right, the stupid people! What brightens up CG more than a nice thread about some jagoff without two brain cells to rub together?

Thanks to PGX, for continuing to demonstrate how not to run a 3rd party grading service. They said a guy in his garage who didn't know anyone and who balanced a lack of grading ability with really cheap prices couldn't last, but dang you proved them haters wrong! Keep trying to figure out how to grade mid-grade books and one day you might be an actual company. Special mention to Ryan Elliot, the walking colostomy bag, for slabbing his own books, buying CGC Purple labels and selling them in PGX 'blue labels', and for generally being a total scumbag. I sincerely hope Karma exists, if only just for you.

Thanks to Harold Meder/Alleybat and the other guys who seem to exist only to create new accounts to insult people. Some people would ask you to examine yourself and try to develop ways to deal with your insecurities, to try and act like a moderately well-behaved adult, to see what life might be like when you're not a total d-bag all the time. To those people I say posh! Homophobic cowards like Harold are the cayenne pepper to this forum's gumbo! Keep acting like a tough guy and send more threatening pms. Be the guy your mom can be proud of!

Thanks to all the dumbf**s on eBay selling their worthless 90s garbage for prices that would make Chuck R. poop his pants. Keep reaching for the stars, dummies!

Thanks to Daniel D., or robojo or whatever name you use here and elsewhere. Your vast knowledge of the hobby and your especially keen eye for restoration detection could have made you a really well-respected BSD in the hobby. But in your heart you're a greedy liar and a thief, and I guess that was too much to overcome. But you'll always be entertaining. Hope you are paid up on your back child support!

Thanks to bijoubaby05, cdpaoli and all the other accounts you criminals continue to create. I'm sure Tom Moore appreciates honing his ability to sift through sewage to put your scams to light. Your ability to consistently buy CGC slabs and crack them to resell at vastly inflated grades is always worth a good amount of conversation. I hope you screw over the wrong guy and get dumped overboard at sea with a pair of concrete boots on. A quick death is too good for you.

Thanks to the various noobs who come here and start threads before the proverbial ink is dry on their application for membership. Whatever you do, don't try and look around, read the rules or get a feel for how this Forum is run. Just jump in with all your gusto! Special thanks to the extra-stupid ones who resist any reasoned attempt at correction. You're keeping it lively!

Thanks to the folks selling their junque on Craigslist. You really can brighten a day with your blurry photo of a half-assed X-Factor run and a price tag well into four digits to the left of the decimal. And as God is my witness, if you ever learn to spell beyond a fifth-grade level I will choke on my supper.

To all the stupid, intellectually-challenged, mouthbreathing, pompous d-bags I forgot in my attempt to make this somewhat readable for the average modern attention span, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If everyone was calm, reasonable, intelligent and / or polite, this place would be a dreary place, indeed. Remember, shame is overrated!

Here's to a momentous and exciting 2013.

Best,

Sal

Stone sober. And Jack Daniel's is the Toyota Tercel of whiskies

Pappy VanWinkle 17?

23, mutha! Eh, I wish. Not dropping tree-hunny on a bottle of booze, considering I hardly ever drink these days

Yes, it's a New Year and I thought I would take a moment to thank all those folks out there who made this Forum so lively in 2012. That's right, the stupid people! What brightens up CG more than a nice thread about some jagoff without two brain cells to rub together?

Thanks to PGX, for continuing to demonstrate how not to run a 3rd party grading service. They said a guy in his garage who didn't know anyone and who balanced a lack of grading ability with really cheap prices couldn't last, but dang you proved them haters wrong! Keep trying to figure out how to grade mid-grade books and one day you might be an actual company. Special mention to Ryan Elliot, the walking colostomy bag, for slabbing his own books, buying CGC Purple labels and selling them in PGX 'blue labels', and for generally being a total scumbag. I sincerely hope Karma exists, if only just for you.

Thanks to Harold Meder/Alleybat and the other guys who seem to exist only to create new accounts to insult people. Some people would ask you to examine yourself and try to develop ways to deal with your insecurities, to try and act like a moderately well-behaved adult, to see what life might be like when you're not a total d-bag all the time. To those people I say posh! Homophobic cowards like Harold are the cayenne pepper to this forum's gumbo! Keep acting like a tough guy and send more threatening pms. Be the guy your mom can be proud of!

Thanks to all the dumbf**s on eBay selling their worthless 90s garbage for prices that would make Chuck R. poop his pants. Keep reaching for the stars, dummies!

Thanks to Daniel D., or robojo or whatever name you use here and elsewhere. Your vast knowledge of the hobby and your especially keen eye for restoration detection could have made you a really well-respected BSD in the hobby. But in your heart you're a greedy liar and a thief, and I guess that was too much to overcome. But you'll always be entertaining. Hope you are paid up on your back child support!

Thanks to bijoubaby05, cdpaoli and all the other accounts you criminals continue to create. I'm sure Tom Moore appreciates honing his ability to sift through sewage to put your scams to light. Your ability to consistently buy CGC slabs and crack them to resell at vastly inflated grades is always worth a good amount of conversation. I hope you screw over the wrong guy and get dumped overboard at sea with a pair of concrete boots on. A quick death is too good for you.

Thanks to the various noobs who come here and start threads before the proverbial ink is dry on their application for membership. Whatever you do, don't try and look around, read the rules or get a feel for how this Forum is run. Just jump in with all your gusto! Special thanks to the extra-stupid ones who resist any reasoned attempt at correction. You're keeping it lively!

Thanks to the folks selling their junque on Craigslist. You really can brighten a day with your blurry photo of a half-assed X-Factor run and a price tag well into four digits to the left of the decimal. And as God is my witness, if you ever learn to spell beyond a fifth-grade level I will choke on my supper.

To all the stupid, intellectually-challenged, mouthbreathing, pompous d-bags I forgot in my attempt to make this somewhat readable for the average modern attention span, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If everyone was calm, reasonable, intelligent and / or polite, this place would be a dreary place, indeed. Remember, shame is overrated!

Best,

Sal

:golfclap:

Pappy VanWinkle 17?

23, mutha! Eh, I wish. Not dropping tree-hunny on a bottle of booze, considering I hardly ever drink these days

I cracked open a bottle of Pappy 23 Saturday night as we had a mini-family reunion here with 18 relatives from across the country. Everything you've ever heard about Pappy 23 is true.

Best,

Sal

:acclaim:

Pappy VanWinkle 17?

I cracked open a bottle of Pappy 23 Saturday night as we had a mini-family reunion here with 18 relatives from across the country. Everything you've ever heard about Pappy 23 is true.

Just another reason for jealousy on my part. Ah, maybe someday

Nice. I'd like to add a shout out to those who think that what they collect is great and what other people collect is *spoon*.

I haven't had an orthodox career on the boards, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!

Best,

Sal

giggle.gif

Pappy VanWinkle 17?

My brother got one as a gift last year. Had the last of it in October, and I miss it like an old friend.