• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The... Young Avengers???

61 posts in this topic

Yep, at the Marvel Avengers Disassembled seminar last Friday at SD ComicCon, Marvel revealed the second Avengers title to come out this fall (New Avengers being the other). Young Avengers will be the Teen Titans of the Marvel Universe with a twist (they didnt say what twist), and they showed a slide with artwork of a teen Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk. 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

After the laughter died down from the audience, Quesada and crew insisted this is not a Teen Titans rip off, but the writer (who's name escapes me) then goes on to tell how he came up with the idea while in the shower thinking of how to incorporate a Teen Titans - type group into the Marvel universe.

And Bendis was also his usual snarky, inflated-ego self and refused to discuss the New Avengers , other than to say it is not the JLA-ization of the Avengers for movie purposes. Yeah, right - so why destroy a title that is one of the better sellers (consistently top 20-25) in the first place?!?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

I guess the days of Marvel leading the pack are gone, as they seem to consistently be just following DC's lead... frown.gif893frustrated.gif

I guess the days of Marvel leading the pack are gone, as they seem to consistently be just following DC's lead... frown.gif893frustrated.gif

To my mind that's been the case since the days of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns.

Didn't Marvel try this already with A-Next, J2, and a slew of other pathetic titles? It didn't work then, why would it work now?

Cause Bendis Writes it and Bendis is Gold

That's it I'm going to start emailed these asswipes at Marvel and let them know what I think. They are ruining titles left and right, destroying years of history and tradition and I'm sick of it.

We should make a class action law suit aggainst Marvel for raping our youth

they showed a slide with artwork of a teen Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk. 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

was this slide just a joke. 893whatthe.gif

Sadly no. It was not a joke. sorry.gif

I think most of us were stunned. The one guy who got up and actually challenged this direction (directed at Bendis) was cut off and told to discuss it with BMB after the seminar. Dont think he actually got a chance...

I think most of us were stunned. The one guy who got up and actually challenged this direction (directed at Bendis) was cut off and told to discuss it with BMB after the seminar. Dont think he actually got a chance...

Kind of how the Clintons used the Secret Service at press conferences 27_laughing.gif

Didn't Marvel try this already with A-Next, J2, and a slew of other pathetic titles? It didn't work then, why would it work now?

Cause Bendis Writes it and Bendis is Gold

The writer of Young Avengers is Allan Heinberg - one of the writers of the t.v. show The O.C.

For me, that pretty much tells me all I need to know....

That's it I'm going to start emailed these asswipes at Marvel and let them know what I think. They are ruining titles left and right, destroying years of history and tradition and I'm sick of it.

We should make a class action law suit aggainst Marvel for raping our youth

893censored-thumb.gifing a man do it! 893applaud-thumb.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

WE ARE COMIC GEEKS 893applaud-thumb.gif

i posted this in general, but in case you didnt see it..... here you go my modern junkies. Hold your vomit, don't want to stain your clothes now....

Thanks for spamming the boards. flowerred.gif

Kind of how the Clintons used the Secret Service at press conferences 27_laughing.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif