• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another BAD ebay deal

11 posts in this topic

Have not posted much lately but am pissed off enough abou this to vent a bit. I won a cgc 9.2 X-men 9 back in November and paid for it. Guess what? I still have no book and no refund yet. The seller is an A##whipe by the name of Time Vault or Sean Atkins in Oklahoma City. He had relatively low feedback when i bought the book but I had seen him by a few other expensive books - like an FF 12 9.0 - so i took a chance. He laso had that same FF 12 9.0 up for sale in that auction - I was beat out by Jason Ewert. I received an email from a 3rd party telling me this Time Vault guy is a scammer and that something went wrong on the deal with ewert. i have not had time to contact Ewert about it by i will. Interestingly enough though back in Nov., I received a couple of emails from Mr. Atkins offering to sell me a 2nd FF 12 9.0 he had but for $200 more than the one he had on ebay! I declined - thank god! Anyway, as for the X-men that i have paid for, I emailed him before X-mas and he said he would get it out. i come back from X-mas and no book and no message. Over a 10 day period i send 3 emails and get no responses. i am now not happy. I send a final email threatening to go to ebay and safeharbor - I get a response the next day! I magine that. This time I get the excuse of" it's the holidays etc and will get the book out immediately." Another 10 days go by and no book and no messages! I send another email threatening to go to ebay. This time the fin' sh*t head threatens me with negative feedback and says he won't return my money if the books has been lost in the mail as i have been so rude to deduce that he is a thief. I basically tell him to shove it and a day later i get another message that the book was indeed lost by the post office but he will give me a refund - but he needs my address and paymount amount as it has been so long hew lost that info! So indeed buyer beware of Time Vault. Story is not finished yet as my money is not back so i will let you know. Anyone else deal with this miscreant?

I wouldn't say I have dealt with him but about three weeks ago I got an email from him saying that he was interested in buying the X-Men #11 I won on ebay and that it was the only one he needed to finish his set. He then tried to lowball me and I just stopped emailing him. If he is infact a scammer I am glad I stayed away out of pure luck.

Have a good rest of the weekend,

Ericc123

He has a couple of books i am interested in so will talk to him about it then. I have a suspicion that he was trying to sell me the book that Ewert won - but for more money. i bet he thought the price was too low as he wanted $200 more for the one that he offered me. I think he also expected to get more out of the X-men 9 that I won so i bet he is holding it until the new movie. will have to watch and see if he miraculously finds another to sell in a few months. Out of well over 1000 ebay deals and countless others, this is only the 2nd time i have had something allegedly lost in the mail. When i go to court, attorneys from time to time blame mistakes on things served late or lost in the mail. A few weeks ago an attorney was giving the judge that bs excuse and the judge flat out told him that was bs and that kind of excuse was the hallmark of a bad attorney. Same here - after all the bs from this guy, the lost in the mail excuse carries 0 credibility. If Bob or metro or Jeff williams or harley etc was telling me this, no problem - but this guy is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to think his story is believable!

Don't they have the "mailbox law" or rule or whatever to prevent ppl from saying it was the post office that made it not possible for them to respond in time?

Anyways, it sounds like the guy is trying to be an [!@#%^&^]. Reminds me of the story I read someplace where a guy sent money for original art..the seller never sent it and the buyer kept mailing him and then the seller got pissed and basically "held the money ransom".

Brian

Has it been over 2 months since the deal completed? EBay won't get involved at least one month has passed, and they won't help at all after two months have passed. Rather crappy policy, I think; it should be at least three months. I've filed two complaints, and with me it's automatic; after 5 weeks, I tell the seller I'll have to file a complaint in 2 weeks; send another e-mail at the 6-week mark; and at the 7-week mark I file a complaint.

Since all E-Bay will really do is suspend their account, and since you can create all the accounts you want on there, I don't even know why I bother. Filing the complaint did get me my items the two times I've done it. You can get up to $175 back from them for your loss, or at least that's what they say. Hope you paid with a credit card; if so, you can get a refund from them AND get something stuck into his credit history that could affect his ability to get credit or loans.

Dude that really sucks. I had something similiar happen once with a cgc 9.6 DC Special which I won for peanuts . Never got the book months later I get a refund seller claimed it was lost blah blah blah. I always looked to see if I could catch them unloading the book for market price but never did. Best of luck hope you get all your $ back