• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Kieth Signing

338 posts in this topic

I know of others who contacted the store and he said he was not interested in having CGC there. The same response I got.

I know there is a lot of sides to this story and I do not doubt that you indeed did as you say. However, again I only contacted the store owner a week before the signing as there was no sign that CGC would be there (the reasons this is public or not is debatable).

A week before the show, the store owner said NO CGC. I am not the only one who got this response and the others did not ask at the same time, so I don't know how or when you told him about it, or who told him about it. But he did not sound aware of it at that time.

I also don't know who else he contacted, but less than a couple hours before he messaged me I contacted one of the promoters for the signing (who had expressed interest in getting his books CGC'd as well). Shortly the store owner contacted me for the second time and told me that CGC would be welcome. I put the ball in motion to get Mike to call the store owner.. Had I sat on this info it might have remained cancelled (I knew long before this time that I would not be going to this signing the thing became a mess).

This was after the signing was cancelled.

There might indeed be other sides to the story I don't see.

I don't intend to get into a lengthy debate on this but had things gone through as planned at first I do NOT thing CGC would be seen in a favorable light as they may be now.

Oh of course the ever lasting voice of reason stepping in. Anthony it is so nice of you to chime in with your thoughts and witty banter. Everyone knows the SS world would not exist if it wasn't for your ever needed guidance. Please enlighten us as to your always appreciated opinion being that you are the know all and have done all of this community.

That was all done as a result of late arrivals trying to get in on the signing after there were facilitators approved for the signing. The thing was cancelled! Did I mention that it was already approved when it got cancelled?

The facilitators and CAW did yeoman's work to get it back on. Not every pop can be a publicly solicited opp. I wish I was in on that Toronto film festival opp, but I wasn't. I wish there would have been a press release letting me know that it was going on, but there wasn't. Facilitators bust their rears to get stuff done, sometimes it can be public sometimes it can't.

Can't help but think this is directed at me lol

I was not a late arrival, as no one EVER announced they were doing SS. Therefor as far as it appeared to me I was first on the scene I was the only one.

As to the facilitators working there asses off to get this thing back going? Actually that would be me again and my contact with the store owner. I was indeed the only one he contacted to say it was ok to bring CGC, I spread the word and made this thing happen. But.... I didn't go and or benefit from it.... hm

I don't know how anything got done without you. Kudos to you!

That was all done as a result of late arrivals trying to get in on the signing after there were facilitators approved for the signing. The thing was cancelled! Did I mention that it was already approved when it got cancelled?

The facilitators and CAW did yeoman's work to get it back on. Not every pop can be a publicly solicited opp. I wish I was in on that Toronto film festival opp, but I wasn't. I wish there would have been a press release letting me know that it was going on, but there wasn't. Facilitators bust their rears to get stuff done, sometimes it can be public sometimes it can't.

I was not a late arrival, as no one EVER announced they were doing SS. Therefor as far as it appeared to me I was first on the scene I was the only one.

As to the facilitators working there asses off to get this thing back going? Actually that would be me again and my contact with the store owner. I was indeed the only one he contacted to say it was ok to bring CGC, I spread the word and made this thing happen. But.... I didn't go and or benefit from it.... hm

Well see that is why I responded in the first place.. :eyeroll:

At this point does it matter who got what done? Those that were truly involved know the truth and let's just leave it at that. The important thing is it would seem that a good impression was left with both Sam and Dave. Let's hope that it opens up some more opportunities. Can we all leave it at that?

Well see that is why I responded in the first place.. :eyeroll:

And thank god you did!

Honestly, I was there and I don't know the whole story. The only thing I know is this: Mike Balent, Dave (the shop owner), and Sam ultimately made this happen. There were likely a lot of parties that helped in their own way, but JJ is right: this was a very sensitive situation that, in my judgement, made a lot of people happy in the end (Sam, shop owner, Heroes initiative). We're hoping that a bigger open signing will come out of this as well. If that happens, then, in theory, everyone can win.

Honestly, I was there and I don't know the whole story. The only thing I know is this: Mike Balent, Dave (the shop owner), and Sam ultimately made this happen. There were likely a lot of parties that helped in their own way, but JJ is right: this was a very sensitive situation that, in my judgement, made a lot of people happy in the end (Sam, shop owner, Heroes initiative). We're hoping that a bigger open signing will come out of this as well. If that happens, then, in theory, everyone can win.

:golfclap: what he said.

Jake,

I have the emails...

Mike was asked to contact the shop owner after Sam posted on his blog that SS was okay. He was offered the ability get books done for his customers and his shop. The promise of smaller amount of books signed was accepted (and approved by CGC based on the tentativeness of this situation).

Originally it was only once he was contacted by you and possibly more facilitators that he passed on doing SS. Why that was I have no idea, but might have been a bit overwhelming for him...

In the end it is what it is and hopefully with less drama happening...which I doubt...it wi be made available to the public in the future.

I heard that everyone that attended, from Kris to Joel to Chandler and Ryan, impressed Sam and the shop owner. Kudos to all.

At this point does it matter who got what done? Those that were truly involved know the truth and let's just leave it at that. The important thing is it would seem that a good impression was left with both Sam and Dave. Let's hope that it opens up some more opportunities. Can we all leave it at that?

Any pics of you and Sam?

This could shake SS to its core but...

(lol)

Chandler...I agree

Any pics of you and Sam?

Actually, yes. I just texted one to you.

So how many books got done?

A gentleman never tells...

In all seriousness, no one is going to confirm a number to protect the approval of CGC and those that subbed books to meet the quota asked of this signing.

Any pics of you and Sam?

Actually, yes. I just texted one to you.

That's a damn fine pic!

Sam posted almost 3 am 2nd, one day after Dave denies the request for CGC at the shop, Dave messages me early the next morning, I message CGC people. The 4th of Jan this thread is started.

The only reason I posted was because of the insinuation of 'late comers' messing up the signing and that in fact is not the case but really the people who should know this do.

Also the shop owner never passed on CGC Sam did, he then changed his mind presumably on the late evening of the 3rd lol . At least that is what I was told by the owner.

Jake,

I have the emails...

Mike was asked to contact the shop owner after Sam posted on his blog that SS was okay. He was offered the ability get books done for his customers and his shop. The promise of smaller amount of books signed was accepted (and approved by CGC based on the tentativeness of this situation).

Originally it was only once he was contacted by you and possibly more facilitators that he passed on doing SS. Why that was I have no idea, but might have been a bit overwhelming for him...

In the end it is what it is and hopefully with less drama happening...which I doubt...it wi be made available to the public in the future.

I heard that everyone that attended, from Kris to Joel to Chandler and Ryan, impressed Sam and the shop owner. Kudos to all.