• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic thief caught, sentenced

21 posts in this topic

I wish I could find more on what comics he stole. I will post here if I find anything. (thumbs u

Man known as 'Righteous Rick' gets jail time in theft of valuable comic books

5:14 PM, January 4, 2013 |

Detroit Free Press Staff

A man known as “Righteous Rick” who was accused of stealing valuable comic books from a Washtenaw County home was sentenced to prison Thursday.

Richard Dennis Bastuba, 41, was ordered to serve 42 months to 15 years in the Michigan Department of Corrections. Bastuba pleaded no contest to charges of second-degree conspiracy to commit home invasion and receiving and concealing stolen property valued at between $1,000 and $20,000.

Bastuba also was ordered to pay more than $17,000 in restitution for the crimes, according to police.

An investigation started in September 2011 when a victim reported his home had been burglarized and said his home also had been broken into several times in the months prior, with numerous comic books stolen.

Police said a lengthy investigation resulted in Bastuba’s arrest, along with two juvenile suspects.

linky with photo of perp

Throw the book at that Bastuba!

But seriously, things are going to go poorly for Mr. Bastuba when his fellow inmates find out he's in the joint for stealing funny pages.

In all seriousness - a cage fighter (allbeit a right fat ) with a tazer and weapons could really have hurt the old guy.

Fifteen years - awesome.

Someone should now tell the old bloke to invest in a safety deposit box.