• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superior Spiderman

287 posts in this topic

Started new thread as other Superior thread talked about things leading to it. Merge if need be.

This comes out tomorrow 1/9. Who is picking it up to read? Or just buying to flip? Hopefully my LCS has the regular copy. For ASM 700 they only had the Martin variant and sold out on the avenging spiderman 15.1!

ASM 700 lots are starting to cool a bit from what I can gather. To those flipping: What do you expect to get on your Superior #1 flips? 4x the cover price?

I'm having a hard time gauging what the market will be for this book. I'm debating whether to try to pick up a Quesada sketch variant to flip. I wouldn't mind doing it if I could net $100 on the bay. Anyone planning on picking up any of the higher-priced variants to flip? Again, what are your expectations if you plan on doing that?

i'm getting a Quesada sketch...shouldn't be too hard to get $100 profit but i may immediately send mine in for grading (if it's worthy). I'm taking a risk getting it economy shipped, but i couldn't see paying an extra $18 shipping for a box.

Picked up a couple LSCC but mostly because Adi is an acquaintance and the cover is brilliant. Unfortunately I'm intrigued by the story though so I'm going to have to make the trip out and pick up a reader. Damn you marvel, I'm caught up in the hype.

guy sold 3 at this price....so guess we'll see how fast the prices come down or go up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Spider-Man-1-Quesada-Sketch-Cover-1-150-NM-/200876134943?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ec526921f

Yeah, I'm just not sure if the pre-sale prices represent peak prices or not. I could see them selling for lower, but I could also see them going higher. Paying $175 for the sketch just to flip would be a risky bet for me. I guess no one really knows the answer to this until the bidding begins tomorrow when people begin putting copies up on the bay.