• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention CGC Board Meal - 02/23/13

143 posts in this topic

With little over a month to go till this London convention a few of us have been discussing holding another eating and drinking session for the Saturday night (02/23/12).

We are hoping to go to the same place as last year (unless someone has any better suggestion)...

http://www.foxbars.com/excel

It's right next to the west end of the centre and can be open till 2am (but that depends on enough people still standing at that point). I'm sure I am right in saying that everyone had a great time last year ;)

Things still need to be confirmed and booked, but last year we had around 50 People sign up and Nick (Flaming_Telepath) booked an area for around 50 to 60 people.

If you are attending the con, and would like to meet up with other comic geeks, then as a matter of some urgency please indicate in this thread, or PM me your details. I will keep a running total so please indicate if you are on you own or bringing friends/partners etc

As last year we would like our US guests to join us, so please consider this your formal invitation! (thumbs u

I will need to book the place within the next week or two so lets get those numbers confirmed!!!

Here is a list of people confirmed so far :)

Me +1

Stryfe1000

gaz973

djc81

Max Carnage +2

Bane +1 (maybe)

goldust40

Kenners

Arsenalherd

Anfield Fox

batmiesta +1

Romain +4

Flaming_Telepath+ 4 (comicana Direct girls)

PsychoJ

Niro

Beachbum

HotFlips +1

king100

colmoreman + 1

chaddesden33 +2

Lon Allen (Heritage) + 1

Please amend and add to the list if I have this wrong (thumbs u

That gives us a current total of 39 :banana:

Just north of 40, I reckon? (shrug)

I was so out of it last year that I can't remember meeting half the people I did lol

40 sounds about right.

I think I will leave this up till after the weekend and then give the place a call and hopefully they will still have the room.

I'm sure it won't be a problem having enough people to make it worth having the room, the main problem could be having too many people.

I probably can't make the meal, but I would love to pop in for a pint or two.

Probably goes without saying that whatever the final number, Jamie is invited if he is able. in fact i know it goes without saying.

With little over a month to go till this London convention a few of us have been discussing holding another eating and drinking session for the Saturday night (02/23/12).

We are hoping to go to the same place as last year (unless someone has any better suggestion)...

http://www.foxbars.com/excel

It's right next to the west end of the centre and can be open till 2am (but that depends on enough people still standing at that point). I'm sure I am right in saying that everyone had a great time last year ;)

Things still need to be confirmed and booked, but last year we had around 50 People sign up and Nick (Flaming_Telepath) booked an area for around 50 to 60 people.

If you are attending the con, and would like to meet up with other comic geeks, then as a matter of some urgency please indicate in this thread, or PM me your details. I will keep a running total so please indicate if you are on you own or bringing friends/partners etc

As last year we would like our US guests to join us, so please consider this your formal invitation! (thumbs u

I will need to book the place within the next week or two so lets get those numbers confirmed!!!

You got the date the wrong way round.

Done deliberatly for our American friends lol

TBH I had a cheeky little bet, with myself, on who would point it out first and how long it would take them

, guess what, you were favourite and it was slightly longer than I expected. :/

TBH I had a cheeky little bet, with myself, on who would point it out first and how long it would take them

That's what she said.

That's what she said.

:roflmao:

Andrew are you going to LSCC?

I probably can't make the meal, but I would love to pop in for a pint or two.

Probably goes without saying that whatever the final number, Jamie is invited if he is able. in fact i know it goes without saying.

Yeah I think I will put Jamie on the list as I am certain he would attend if well and we can't be sure when we will know. :wishluck:

I won't put you on the list as I think it is primarily for the food but you'll be more than welcome to join us for a bit. How comes you can't make it mate?