• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Zaid, P.C. hired by CCG as a consultant and outside counsel.

292 posts in this topic

Here is a better idea just don't press books in-house and you don't have to worry about retaining lawyers. And don't get me wrong I'm not against pressing this is just a move to make some people feel all warm and cuddly inside. :applause:

I can perfectly understand how people might see it this way given the timing of the announcement, but to be perfectly clear discussions between CGC and me regarding the oversight role that I might play began months before the announcement of the Nelson-CGC relationship, although that fact actually did significantly influence my ultimate decision to undertake this role for reasons I stated above.

I actually had no knowledge of the acquisition of Matt's company until everyone else did following a public announcement.

So....., you're a high paid consultant that has no knowledge of major decisions until after the fact?

CGC had no obligation to tell or consult with me in advance of making the decision. I had no formal relationship with it at the time. But its leadership did make sure not to enter into an agreement with me until the announcement so that I could fully consider the impact it might have on my decision. I appreciated that very much and I did, as I said, take the new business plan into consideration and it persuaded me to accept the role.

Here is a better idea just don't press books in-house and you don't have to worry about retaining lawyers. And don't get me wrong I'm not against pressing this is just a move to make some people feel all warm and cuddly inside. :applause:

I can perfectly understand how people might see it this way given the timing of the announcement, but to be perfectly clear discussions between CGC and me regarding the oversight role that I might play began months before the announcement of the Nelson-CGC relationship, although that fact actually did significantly influence my ultimate decision to undertake this role for reasons I stated above.

I actually had no knowledge of the acquisition of Matt's company until everyone else did following a public announcement.

So....., you're a high paid consultant that has no knowledge of major decisions until after the fact?

CGC had no obligation to tell or consult with me in advance of making the decision. I had no formal relationship with it at the time. But its leadership did make sure not to enter into an agreement with me until the announcement so that I could fully consider the impact it might have on my decision. I appreciated that very much and I did, as I said, take the new business plan into consideration and it persuaded me to accept the role.

but to be perfectly clear discussions between CGC and me regarding the oversight role that I might play began months before the announcement of the Nelson-CGC relationship

Maybe I'm just dense, but are you just the clean-up crew? I'm sensing major obfuscation here, even though that is not what I'm looking for.....,

Congrats Mark.

With that said, CGC needs to fix turnaround times quickly and focus on that part of their flawed business model. When another legitimate grading player comes along CGC will have problems. Sure that may be years away but they aren't showing how their customers matter.

I can appreciate the strategy to do everything they can to ensure their grading process is not compromised with other services that can be viewed as conflicts of interest.

However until they get their act together with the queue...the rest means little to me.

If that's the case, why don't you start submitting books to PGX? If all you care about is quick turnaround, ethics be damned, I'm sure they'd be happy to accept your business :thumbsup:

:signfunny: I'm a CGC customer and submitting to PGX isn't an option regardless if I get it back quickly.

Are you excusing the fact that CGC hasn't addressed the biggest business issue they face with customers?

TATs are the single biggest issue CGC has in my mind. While I wasn't thrilled that CGC is in the pressing biz now as well it pales in comparison to their queue issues.

Sure, I'm as frustrated about the delays as anyone else here on this board.

CGC, however, has posted that they're hiring/training more graders and working their asses off trying to get the TATs under control, so, to me, it seems like they are addressing this issue. I don't think anyone expects that they will be able to solve this problem overnight, so why it is a bad thing for them to concurrently deal with a business decision that's been fueling a vast number of conspiracy theories ever since it was announced? How does that not benefit the customer and the market in general?

Congrats Mark. This may provide some transparency to the whole process.

Jim

Why would you think that?

I happen to trust Mark. If he tells me something he has an oversight is legit I would trust that versus someone else's word. Simple as that.

In fact, this the best news I've heard from CGC since they started.

Jim

I think the acquisition of CI together with the trust & confidence building PR move of retaining Zaid is terrific business & good news for the hobby’s future. Really brilliant.

but to be perfectly clear discussions between CGC and me regarding the oversight role that I might play began months before the announcement of the Nelson-CGC relationship

Maybe I'm just dense, but are you just the clean-up crew? I'm sensing major obfuscation here, even though that is not what I'm looking for.....,

I gotta agree with Lizard - you and the CGC heirachy have been busom buddies for years and yet you didn't know Nelson was coming on board???

I don't care what you have done in the past - that comment reeks of BS and really has dulled my perception of you.

Congrats Mark. This may provide some transparency to the whole process.

Jim

Why would you think that?

I happen to trust Mark. If he tells me something he has an oversight is legit I would trust that versus someone else's word. Simple as that.

In fact, this the best news I've heard from CGC since they started.

Jim

Trust is great, and I've never seen any reason not to trust the guy. Heck, he's a lawyer right? ;)

But trust is not transparency. Just 'cuz he says something's on the level doesn't mean you've got any more visibility behind the curtain as it were.

I gotta agree with Lizard - you and the CGC heirachy have been busom buddies for years and yet you didn't know Nelson was coming on board???

I don't care what you have done in the past - that comment reeks of BS and really has dulled my perception of you.

Wow, that's pretty harsh.

Interesting amount of knowledge you have for a board noobie.

lol shill!!! :ohnoez:

The noobie comment.

Well done.

So you are saying ( and I had a heck of a lot of praise for the way the DD case was taken and pursued) that MZ didn't know that Matt Nelson was in discussion to join the CGC fold?

I don't need to be a posting member for 8 yrs to form an opinion.

Or ask a question.

Do you not think - seeing as both (or even all 3) mix and move in the same circles, both professionally and socially that this never came up in any conversation?

Harsh? - If so, I unreservedly apologise.

Fair question - I think so.

You? :foryou:

lol shill!!! :ohnoez:

Is there a FU emoticon... lol

So you are saying ( and I had a heck of a lot of praise for the way the DD case was taken and pursued) that MZ didn't know that Matt Nelson was in discussion to join the CGC fold?

What inside information do you have that proves he had prior knowledge? You are basically calling him a liar based on some huge assumption you pulled out of your . Must have hurt coming out too.

What inside information do you have that proves he had prior knowledge? You are basically calling him a liar based on some huge assumption you pulled out of your . Must have hurt coming out too.

I'd be surprised if CGC didn't emphasize that they had some big moves coming up, but if Zaid says he didn't know about Matt getting Borged into the CCG monolith I believe him. Lots of business deals are done with little or no discussion with third parties, for multiple reasons.

The company I work for is always sending emails out about various deals in the works that we're not allowed to tell anyone about until they're official. :shrug:

Well that went from polite to abusive in 2 minutes.

Insider knowledge - MZ said - as above that he had no knowledge of the acquisition of MN s company.

I was saying that he probably knew discussions were happening.

You are getting so bent out of shape about something you *percieve* I'm saying,rather than what I actually am.

Relax.

You will feel much better for it. (thumbs u

Insider knowledge - MZ said - as above that he had no knowledge of the acquisition of MN s company.

You are getting so bent out of shape about something you *percieve* I'm saying,rather than what I actually am.

Relax.

Dude, If you are going to go - Go Hard.

Relax.

This is what you said

I'm sorry but that last sentence was uncalled for and not at all polite. And then when I call you out on it, you call me abusive and unpolite. (thumbs u