• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Zaid, P.C. hired by CCG as a consultant and outside counsel.

292 posts in this topic

Certainly provides some legitimacy for those who know who Mark is.

Funny. I was thinking the exact opposite.

This is a very good move on CGC's part. I have come to know Mark well over the past four years. He graciously traveled to South Florida to be the keynote speaker for me at my inauguration as President of the Miami Beach Bar Association several years ago, and I am fortunate to be able to count him as a friend. He is one of the most dedicated and ethical individuals that I know, and his addition to the CGC formula will only benefit this community.

I don't know where your animosity toward Mark stems from, or why you feel it necessary to take a cheap shot at Mark without any substance in your attack. I am all for the free flow of discussion on these boards, but your personal attack on Mark - with no facts or legitimate basis - is just plain weak.

I am glad to be able to call both you and Mark friends, Josh.

I'm glad to call you, Doc, Josh and Mark friends. Maybe we could all hug sometime.

I'd like to be in the middle of that group hug :luhv:

Doc is especially dreamy

I think cranky old Doc must be going through menopause MENtalpause lately.

Fixed that...I substituted what my husband calls it;)

Let me extend my congratulations to Mark. I spoke with him about this idea a few months ago, expressed both what I viewed as the positives and negatives, and now with the merger of Matt Nelson and CGC, I think it's more important than ever.

Moreover, I think it's incredible that he's devoting the time to this. Mark has a busy practice and has found the time, even though it's paid, to do something that I don't think of a lot of the "comic lawyers" would do. What I told him at the time was that it was something I would never undertake because in order to do it properly, you have to commit some serious time, which I know Mark will.

Overall I think it's a positive step. It's better than having 10 people be an "advisory committee". I think there's a lot of things he will review and ultimately I think it will be a positive.

Should we be expecting perfection and total transparency? Absolutely not. But I think that several concerns and questions will be addressed by this move.

Brian, our discussion was extremely helpful. I was very grateful for your insight. :hi:

Funny. I was thinking the exact opposite.

That's because you are a compulsive contrarian and can't help yourself.

Congrats Mark. This may provide some transparency to the whole process.

Jim

Why would you think that?

I've known Mark since he was in high school and he has as much integrity as anyone I've ever known. If he gives something a clean bill of health, you can be certain it is because it deserves it.

It really is that simple.

Congrats Mark. This may provide some transparency to the whole process.

Jim

Why would you think that?

I've known Mark since he was in high school and he has as much integrity as anyone I've ever known. If he gives something a clean bill of health, you can be certain it is because it deserves it.

It really is that simple.

Sure, he seems trustworthy to me too. But that's not exactly transparency. It's just his word.

I didn't make it past page one, didn't need to - Cheetah's post summed my initial thoughts up to a tee.

Congratulations Mark! Hope it all goes well for you, Matt and the other party.

God Speed.

Unfortunately TATs will be stalled as CGC works to retrofit the doors to the building to accommodate the girth of Mark's new head.

i'm predicting an airplane-hangar type contraption.

I love me some Zaid, but this one two punch from Bedrock and Straw had me laughing out loud on an airplane. The other passengers must think I'm drunk, or odd.

Agreed, Bill. These were not comments that could be met with simple giggles. lol

Here is a better idea just don't press books in-house and you don't have to worry about retaining lawyers. And don't get me wrong I'm not against pressing this is just a move to make some people feel all warm and cuddly inside. :applause:

Here is a better idea just don't press books in-house and you don't have to worry about retaining lawyers. And don't get me wrong I'm not against pressing this is just a move to make some people feel all warm and cuddly inside. :applause:

I can perfectly understand how people might see it this way given the timing of the announcement, but to be perfectly clear discussions between CGC and me regarding the oversight role that I might play began months before the announcement of the Nelson-CGC relationship, although that fact actually did significantly influence my ultimate decision to undertake this role for reasons I stated above.

I actually had no knowledge of the acquisition of Matt's company until everyone else did following a public announcement.

Congrats Mark.

With that said, CGC needs to fix turnaround times quickly and focus on that part of their flawed business model. When another legitimate grading player comes along CGC will have problems. Sure that may be years away but they aren't showing how their customers matter.

I can appreciate the strategy to do everything they can to ensure their grading process is not compromised with other services that can be viewed as conflicts of interest.

However until they get their act together with the queue...the rest means little to me.

Congrats Mark.

With that said, CGC needs to fix turnaround times quickly and focus on that part of their flawed business model. When another legitimate grading player comes along CGC will have problems. Sure that may be years away but they aren't showing how their customers matter.

I can appreciate the strategy to do everything they can to ensure their grading process is not compromised with other services that can be viewed as conflicts of interest.

However until they get their act together with the queue...the rest means little to me.

If that's the case, why don't you start submitting books to PGX? If all you care about is quick turnaround, ethics be damned, I'm sure they'd be happy to accept your business :thumbsup:

I can perfectly understand how people might see it this way given the timing of the announcement, but to be perfectly clear discussions between CGC and me regarding the oversight role that I might play began months before the announcement of the Nelson-CGC relationship, although that fact actually did significantly influence my ultimate decision to undertake this role for reasons I stated above.

I actually had no knowledge of the acquisition of Matt's company until everyone else did following a public announcement.

So....., you're a high paid consultant that has no knowledge of major decisions until after the fact?

Congrats Mark.

If that's the case, why don't you start submitting books to PGX? If all you care about is quick turnaround, ethics be damned, I'm sure they'd be happy to accept your business :thumbsup:

:signfunny: I'm a CGC customer and submitting to PGX isn't an option regardless if I get it back quickly.

Are you excusing the fact that CGC hasn't addressed the biggest business issue they face with customers?

TATs are the single biggest issue CGC has in my mind. While I wasn't thrilled that CGC is in the pressing biz now as well it pales in comparison to their queue issues.