• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Zaid, P.C. hired by CCG as a consultant and outside counsel.

292 posts in this topic

In turn, this move will make CGC a better, stronger company,” comments Steve Eichenbaum, CCG CEO. “As always, CGC is dedicated to support and do what’s best for the hobby,” added Steve.

lol, what a load of carp.

unite! You must be their leader. Tinfoil hat attached securely?

CGC has always had lawyers on hand and I'm sure they consulted with them before making any large decisions especially with CI. The decision has already been made.
I don't think they're big enough to have lawyers in-house. But, of course they use attorneys. One of their attorney probably drafted the purchase agreement for CI. I was never under the impression that it might be otherwise.

Huh, I would have figured it for a spit-on-your-hand & shake kinda deal. Thanks for learning me on the laywerly insight! :P

lol Andy! :D

I dont understand the fuss. isnt hiring someone like Zaid to smooth out any perceived legal or conflict of interest wrinkles as to merging CGC and Matt EXACTLY what people here immediately suggested would be a good thing for CGC to do?

and if so -- doesnt that suggest that hiring MZ came AFTER the Matt announcement when the fuss was brewing here?

I think, based on MZs letter here that BK has the answer as to when MZ was brought into CGC to discuss his new role... I doubt BK knew before the Matt announcement that it was coming... so therefore hiring MZ was a result of the reactions in the hobby to it.

i think it's cool for mark to get the gig, but this will have zero effect on my perception of cgc, what i'll pay for a slabbed book, or what price i'll put on a slabbed book of my own. that's about as far as my interest reaches on the grading company.

see! I knew you weren't just another pretty face (thumbs u

I will offer an official apology right here right now to CGC, on the forum members behalf, for the "freak out" that was displayed when they announced they were purchasing Classics Incorporated. My guess is they had this all planned out from the beginning and our lack of faith in them was proven unfounded.

Sorry CGC :sorry:

I dont understand the fuss. isnt hiring someone like Zaid to smooth out any perceived legal or conflict of interest wrinkles as to merging CGC and Matt EXACTLY what people here immediately suggested would be a good thing for CGC to do?

and if so -- doesnt that suggest that hiring MZ came AFTER the Matt announcement when the fuss was brewing here?

I think, based on MZs letter here that BK has the answer as to when MZ was brought into CGC to discuss his new role... I doubt BK knew before the Matt announcement that it was coming... so therefore hiring MZ was a result of the reactions in the hobby to it.

It was discussed before the Matt announcement. Mark made his decision after the Matt announcement.

Smart move by CGC. (thumbs u

Best appointment they've made.

Agreed, but what next? hm

Andy (Goldust) as fashion consultant? :grin:

Roy (Vintage) as hairdresser? :grin:

Nick (Flaming) as international touring director? :grin:

We also need Tupenny as Corporate Visionary.

You can be the doorman. Your excellent cockney accent will finally be put to good use. ;)

CGC has always had lawyers on hand and I'm sure they consulted with them before making any large decisions especially with CI. The decision has already been made.
I don't think they're big enough to have lawyers in-house. But, of course they use attorneys. One of their attorneys probably drafted the purchase agreement for CI. I was never under the impression that it might be otherwise.

Dammit, I thought they used lawyers. Or advocates. Or solicitors. And sometimes barristers.

I never once thought they used attorneys.

I wasn't dwelling on the different nomenclature. I was saying that CGC probably does not have a lawyer employed on their staff, but I'm sure they use lawyers.

Well that went from polite to abusive in 2 minutes.

Insider knowledge - MZ said - as above that he had no knowledge of the acquisition of MN s company.

I was saying that he probably knew discussions were happening.

You are getting so bent out of shape about something you *percieve* I'm saying,rather than what I actually am.

Relax.

You will feel much better for it. (thumbs u

This is what you said

I gotta agree with Lizard - you and the CGC heirachy have been busom buddies for years and yet you didn't know Nelson was coming on board???

I don't care what you have done in the past - that comment reeks of BS and really has dulled my perception of you.

I'm sorry but that last sentence was uncalled for and not at all polite. And then when I call you out on it, you call me abusive and unpolite. (thumbs u

And, actually, that is not what I said - I have little knowledge of the relationships that may be in play here. I think Mark is a great guy and all that, and I am aware of some of the great things that he has done in the past.

I'm just having a hard time wading through the carefully crafted lawyerese and figuring out what in the heck is going on here. It sounds like decisions are being made without any of his input, and he'll be left holding the bag trying to justify those decisions. I'm not all that familiar with the real-world business workings, so maybe this is just par for the course, or SOP where corporations are concerned.

Mark Zaid wasn't working for them at the time that they decided to merge with CI. Why would CGC tell him what their plans were or get any input from him if he wasn't working for them?

How many companies ask people that don't work for them(directly or as a consultant) for their input on business decisions?

You need go back and read the whole thread.

I did read the whole thread. I just went back through to make sure that they did not hire Zaid before the CI announcement. They didn't so my question still stands.

I'm long time friends with Borock, Haspel, Litch and Bradley. They didn't tell me CI was being integrated.

I'm calling off the friendship! :cry:

Roy, they weren't really your friends, they just kept you around to make themselves look better. You were the Ugly Betty of the group :devil:

:P

You can be the doorman. Your excellent cockney accent will finally be put to good use. ;)

Well God blind me! :hi: