• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars #1 Variant - 35 Cent - 9.4 CGC - RARE

21 posts in this topic

Last I checked with CGC there were only 2 - 9.6 CGC's and 9 - 9.4 CGC's Variants known to exist.

I thought I would give fellow board members a shot first before I go the auction route. Most of my sales and buys have been in the original art space but please feel free to PM me with any questions. references or desire for additional scans.

According to GPAnalysis the last 9.4 CGC that was sold was for $10,000 in 09. There was a 9.2 CGC that sold for $5,800 in June of 2012.

Bearing all of the above in mind I am asking $12,500 which includes shipping.

Time payments are available and if at all possible I would prefer Check or MO please...

I am going the NO RETURN route with this but if you live in the NY area we can meet in person before the final sale if desired.

img0003aa.jpg

img0004cqs.jpg

It was pressed by Matt Nelson. I gave it to him at the NYCC 2012 show and just got it back from CGC.

Just one more point in terms of trying to give people some comfort since this is a large ticket item and I am a noob in this forum. I encourage you to look at my CAF Original Art Collection. There are some pieces there that are worth as much as the Star Wars Issue. I have been there almost two years now and have had a variety of transactions without any incident. I hope that helps and as I said feel free to PM or ask any questions.

Wishing Everyone Well!

Ray

Awesome book, is this something you've had for a long time or a recent acquisition?

Good luck with the sale, someone's going to be adding a grail piece real soon I imagine. :wishluck:

It was pressed by Matt Nelson. I gave it to him at the NYCC 2012 show and just got it back from CGC.

Just one more point in terms of trying to give people some comfort since this is a large ticket item and I am a noob in this forum. I encourage you to look at my CAF Original Art Collection. There are some pieces there that are worth as much as the Star Wars Issue. I have been there almost two years now and have had a variety of transactions without any incident. I hope that helps and as I said feel free to PM or ask any questions.

Wishing Everyone Well!

Ray

Even though it was pressed I would still like to try and own it. :cloud9:

It is three different grails in one if you think about it. (worship)