• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS International prices up 24-54% on January 27

81 posts in this topic

Ridiculous. Does this mean they will start handling packages better to our increase quality of service? Doubtful.

Anyways I will refrain from going much further since politics are not allowed on these boards. But, yeah I am sure a lot of you know where I am going with this.

Ridiculous. Does this mean they will start handling packages better to our increase quality of service? Doubtful.

Anyways I will refrain from going much further since politics are not allowed on these boards. But, yeah I am sure a lot of you know where I am going with this.

No.

Apparently, they were going bankrupt giving away the store

I am all for a healthy USPS, but this will hurt my sales, not their bottom line.

Well, let's see if they can barchart the number of shipment decline and get a clue from a business perspective. Considering it's run by the government I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't mind a price raise on international flat rate envelopes and small flat rate boxes if they included full tracking on those.

I actually think you get tracking on international insofar as the foreign country's infrastructure allows. I recall shipping some books to France and was able to track the shipment the whole way. Got there quick, too, but it cost an arm and a leg ($48 for a priority box, about twice what the comics went for).

Wow if I was international buyer I figure I got 2 weeks left of buying then its over for me.

I gotta admit, it's going to seriously slow me down. And I've been going at pace so far this year.

It'll be interesting to see what, if any, knock on effect this has for the rest of our normal RRP in other stores.

Well at least our salaries are going higher? :facepalm:

This is a real shame, and unfortunately this does hurt USA sales on comic books for sale via eBay auctions and internet purchases from international buyers.

I can usually send one CGC slab to Canada using Priority Mail for $25.00 (1-2 pounds), and use a flat rate box if they buy two or more. I only use Priority Mail to send slabs because it is the only way any USA sender can insure the comic.

I do disagree with the one poster who said he wouldn't see money lose of by only limiting himself to domestic USA sales.

Sorry that is completely false. I only sell internationally to Canada right now (or select UK Boardies), and if I stop selling to Canada I would lose many collectors.

Canada is just as passionate about comics as Americans are. Same with the UK.

Heck if you are a fan of comics then there is no difference where you live for goodness sakes.

Less bidders means less money. Simple Economics.

This substantial increase is a disgrace and only will make the USPS less money, and hurt small business all over the world. :facepalm:

Next they will follow suite with CGC and charge every one a $5.00 handling service fee just for the pleasure of the postal worker taking your box and walking 2 ft to that cart.

i am trying to figure out what the % increase is for a priority box (not flat rate and not a USPS box but my own packaging) to Australia. Approximately 15 lbs and within the size limits. Anyone have an estimate or a link that I can look at to figure it out? thanks!

Well at least our salaries are going higher? :facepalm:

This is a real shame, and unfortunately this does hurt USA sales on comic books for sale via eBay auctions and internet purchases from international buyers.

I can usually send one CGC slab to Canada using Priority Mail for $25.00 (1-2 pounds), and use a flat rate box if they buy two or more. I only use Priority Mail to send slabs because it is the only way any USA sender can insure the comic.

I do disagree with the one poster who said he wouldn't see money lose of by only limiting himself to domestic USA sales.

Sorry that is completely false. I only sell internationally to Canada right now (or select UK Boardies), and if I stop selling to Canada I would lose many collectors.

Canada is just as passionate about comics as Americans are. Same with the UK.

Heck if you are a fan of comics then there is no difference where you live for goodness sakes.

Less bidders means less money. Simple Economics.

This substantial increase is a disgrace and only will make the USPS less money, and hurt small business all over the world. :facepalm:

Next they will follow suite with CGC and charge every one a $5.00 handling service fee just for the pleasure of the postal worker taking your box and walking 2 ft to that cart.

Yep if you ask a lot of US modern comic book dealers you will find that the Canada and UK buyers have been buying many of the modern Image and variant speculator comic books.

This could put a dent in the modern Image and variant speculative market,as the Canadians and UK collectors really were big buyers of these types of comic books because they were not easy to get in their respective countries.

I could see why US dealers might be getting a little nervous now.

The Canadians and UK buyers might think twice now about buying variants and loading up on Image number 1s when now the cost of shipping these has just about doubled!

I guess it helps being a Top Rated Power Seller on eBay but I am still getting close to eBay highs whenever I sell modern books raw or slabbed on the bay and only to the US. Sure I alienate some potential buyers but the buyers I am still getting are paying just the same and I have less of a headache with not having to worry about international shipping issues.

For some strange reason, I had VERY FEW problems with the Canadian Buyers.

That IS strange.

Wow if I was international buyer I figure I got 2 weeks left of buying then its over for me.

These hikes stopped my buying dead in its tracks. Everyone loses.