• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I think this will be another Bedlam in terms of speculating.

Too many people buying gobs of copies for it to be say a NWM or PP.

Or it can be another SAGA. Established writer taking on a new property after success with other titles. Hmmm.

Or it can be another SAGA. Established writer taking on a new property after success with other titles. Hmmm.

True, I had thought of that before posting. I wasnt around for the pre-ordering stage of Saga. Were people buying 100-200 copies right off the rip?

Im pretty sure Saga skyrocketed because it won comic of the year. In December you could get a CGC 9.8 for 70-100. Comparing this book (or any book) to Saga in February is a little bit premature. Especially since we don't know much about it other than its a Sci-fi western with a talented team.

Edit: It's February not January..

Edited by Hodor

Didn't the one person a few pages back say he bought 500-1000?

I will be ordering 250 of #1 and 150 of #2, #3 and #4 . Total investment is approx $1400 for 700 books. If it flops I still have wiggle room with selling sets, IF it soars I will be positioned nicely. One doesn't need to have a large store when there is e-bay to sell to collectors/Investors/speculators/other dealers etc around the world.

True, I had thought of that before posting. I wasnt around for the pre-ordering stage of Saga. Were people buying 100-200 copies right off the rip?

The SAGA hype started well before #1 hit stores. I remember youtube videos about the pre-orders.

I will be ordering 250 of #1 and 150 of #2, #3 and #4 . Total investment is approx $1400 for 700 books. If it flops I still have wiggle room with selling sets, IF it soars I will be positioned nicely. One doesn't need to have a large store when there is e-bay to sell to collectors/Investors/speculators/other dealers etc around the world.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Seems to be working out well for Nowhere Men, eh ViperDays?

That said, meh. I just wouldn't have the time, nor care or afford the overhead of bagging, boarding, boxing, paying for postage and shipping that many books. If it explodes, congrats. Odds are that it won't be the next TWD. I hope it is? Best of luck?

im cutting my order from 10 to 2. too many people are getting in on this book and i don't want to be like FF or all of those other Hickman books before Manhattan Projects that sucked so bad.

Fair points, but remember this isnt a BigBloatedTwo release

Image has published other flop books by Hickman.

I can't remember the name but it started with T and has a similar cover to Manhattan Project. It blowed hard.

When Hickmans on, he's amazing! But when hes off its like "why did we restart Fantastic Four? Why did we kill Johnny Storm, Again?"

im cutting my order from 10 to 2. too many people are getting in on this book and i don't want to be like FF or all of those other Hickman books before Manhattan Projects that sucked so bad.

Fair points, but remember this isnt a BigBloatedTwo release

Image has published other flop books by Hickman.

I can't remember the name but it started with T and has a similar cover to Manhattan Project. It blowed hard.

When Hickmans on, he's amazing! But when hes off its like "why did we restart Fantastic Four? Why did we kill Johnny Storm, Again?"

Red Wing???

when you order that many you end up competing against yourself when you go to sell them...unless you're just going to sit on them for a couple years and hope for the best, then slowly filter them onto the market.

Edited by krighton