• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

im cutting my order from 10 to 2. too many people are getting in on this book and i don't want to be like FF or all of those other Hickman books before Manhattan Projects that sucked so bad.

Fair points, but remember this isnt a BigBloatedTwo release

Image has published other flop books by Hickman.

I can't remember the name but it started with T and has a similar cover to Manhattan Project. It blowed hard.

When Hickmans on, he's amazing! But when hes off its like "why did we restart Fantastic Four? Why did we kill Johnny Storm, Again?"

Red Wing???

No, he's talking about Transhuman. I agree that was terrible, but to be fair all of his other Image minis (Nightly News, Pax Romana, A Red Mass for Mars, Red Wing) were great. He can be excused one dud.

Secret would have been awesome, as anyone who read issues 1 and 2 knows, but looks like art delays have killed it. Shame.

Just so you al know my secret:

I preorder 20-30 but when I get them I put them threw my paper shredder then mix the shreds with others like what is left of my NWM and Saga, but also with my AMS 700s - it's called diversifying people.

I'll then luxuriate in the shreds nekkid. I advertise myself off as a 17 yr old japanese school girl and sell the lions share by the oz to Chinese business men - again, off shoring to further diversify in emerging markets (China, not Japan, duh)

What's left goes to a novelty companies to make those recycled grape scented pencils. Wha I'm saying is, I love grape. It's all about the Benjermans kids. Respect.

What the heck is this thread about anymore?

I'm excited too... Pre-ordered 500. lol

Pot meet kettle

He has.

E-mailed me the completed order forms - Go Ryan you crazy diamond!

im cutting my order from 10 to 2. too many people are getting in on this book and i don't want to be like FF or all of those other Hickman books before Manhattan Projects that sucked so bad.

I can't remember the name but it started with T and has a similar cover to Manhattan Project. It blowed hard.

When Hickmans on, he's amazing! But when hes off its like "why did we restart Fantastic Four? Why did we kill Johnny Storm, Again?"

Red Wing???

Well remembered Sir - Great cover though.

If Viperdays is right on east of west will everyone buy x1000 of next ongoing?

That's why his reasoning is flawed. It's that easy is it? Buy 100, 500 or 1000 copies of the latest number 1 Image title with an established creator/writer and sit back and count my money.

Might as well quit my job now... I didn't realize "investing" was that easy.

just check his ebay lots, most of his spider-mans sold for below cover, though maybe slightly more than he paid. He sold a fraction of the numbers he was claiming, and his margins were miniscule.

I have no doubt he owns a 99 viper worth 30K, ( lol ), but he didnt buy it with spider-man 700 money.

He has.

E-mailed me the completed order forms - Go Ryan you crazy diamond!

Missed you Andy... We needed you this week!

*shucks*

What did I miss?

Red Wing???

Well remembered Sir - Great cover though.

I was referring to Transhuman which had almost identical covers to Manhattan Projects.

But yes I did forget about Red Wing. Red Wing was amazing.

My wife would flip if I brought home 1000 of the same book.

I know we're piling on, but I just can't fathom that'd ever work. You're going all on a hunch that could very well blow up.

Even if the book blew up, I just can't see myself paying more than cover considering there's a dude who own's a decent chunk of the print run. Manipulated market.

JUST DON'T TELL ME YOU BOUGHT THAT MANY.