• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

OA? What is this "OA" of which you speak...? hm

Congrats on picking up Tyler as a client, Court. I don't see dealers announcing new artists that they are repping on the OA board - is that considered taboo? Shouldn't be.

OA? What is this "OA" of which you speak...? hm

Congrats on picking up Tyler as a client, Court. I don't see dealers announcing new artists that they are repping on the OA board - is that considered taboo? Shouldn't be.

Thanks! I did announce it on the "Original Art Marketplace", but maybe I should have announced it on the main forum as well...?

We sold through all but 6 pages of issue 9 in less than 30 minutes, so I think word might be getting out. ;)

What do i think when I hear OA....hmmm.

overpriced art? :shy::ohnoez:

lol one day the bug will catch me, but I'll fight it as long as I can. Anyone selling SA x-men covers for cheap? :roflmao:

I think SA x-men covers are either lost in a black hole or have the 'NFS - EVER' tag. Some of the OA historians such as Court and Felix may know.

lol one day the bug will catch me, but I'll fight it as long as I can. Anyone selling SA x-men covers for cheap? :roflmao:

I think SA x-men covers are either lost in a black hole or have the 'NFS - EVER' tag. Some of the OA historians such as Court and Felix may know.

Depends on how old we are talking. I think the OA to the issue 9 cover surfaced in the last year or so...? I don't track SA X-Men covers specifically, but I'm sure there are some that could be had in the $25k+ range depending on issue, artist, etc.

The issue 9 cover (IIRC, and it did change hands) was likely in the 50k - 75k range. I'm sure Felix will correct me if I am wrong on this.

$23 shipped to CGC for registered and insured. I used the search function and found nothing. I called USPS. Thanks for the help dickheads. 56 pages for a book that only had a 4 page preview. I'm sure all of this talk was about EoW.

I kinda am digging my Philly brethren's attitude. ;)

Pitchers and catchers are in Clearwater. :whee:

The cover is very consistent with Hickman's design sensibility. It's branding. He's done this going back to his first book, THE NIGHTLY NEWS. Looks like he's had a clear idea of how he wants his work packaged, from the get-go. Unusual to see that kind of vision from a new creator.

Depends on how old we are talking. I think the OA to the issue 9 cover surfaced in the last year or so...? I don't track SA X-Men covers specifically, but I'm sure there are some that could be had in the $25k+ range depending on issue, artist, etc.

The issue 9 cover (IIRC, and it did change hands) was likely in the 50k - 75k range. I'm sure Felix will correct me if I am wrong on this.

Only knew that the complete X-MEN #9 issue was broken up many years ago (2006)...don't know about the cover at all. If it exists and was sold today, it's a six figure cover, easily.

The cover is very consistent with Hickman's design sensibility. It's branding. He's done this going back to his first book, THE NIGHTLY NEWS. Looks like he's had a clear idea of how he wants his work packaged, from the get-go. Unusual to see that kind of vision from a new creator.

I agree. His covers appear to be designed by a Graphic Designer moreso than an illustrator.

I agree. His covers appear to be designed by a Graphic Designer moreso than an illustrator.

Hickman is that Graphic Designer.. From what I remember he use to work in advertising and graphic design as well.. Guess that explains his art - which was awesome in The Nightly News and Pax Romana

Edited by wushugushu