• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Actually, Midtown has advanced orders for #1. They're $2.98 apiece, but you don't have to pay extra for a bag and board like TFAW. I ordered a few today.

I stand corrected about Midtown.

You were right about the pre-order though. I tried to order some a few weeks ago, and it wasn't available on their site. It's back up now, but as an advanced order.

No, it looks as though Midtown is getting wiser. The "advanced orders" button is there preorder button but the difference is issues #1 and #2 are at a 15% discount if you look at #3 it is at there normal advance discount of 35%. Thus the just reduced the discount for those trying to order now, versus in January for #1 and earlier this month for #2. Just an FYI viperdays has said a couple times that FOC is 3/4 for issue #1 and it releases on 3/27.

Ok so Midtown is at an "advanced preorder" which is at 15% as opposed to a "preorder" at TFAW which is at 20% off the cover price. So I assume both sites should pack them very safely...Im wondering if I should order 10. I would like to get a couple slabbed and also one for reading and one for my older bro. Whats a safe amount to order is what Im wondering. Im not going to go all big ballin Birdman on these like some of us have said they are doing (=

I just want a comfy amount.

Midtown has packing issues occasionally, with corners getting bumped either before or during shipment. It really is hit-or-miss with them, so what I've started trying to do is adding a couple of cheap oversized books to my order so they take the hits instead of the books that I prefer arriving in good shape, and it seems to work.

Ok so Midtown is at an "advanced preorder" which is at 15% as opposed to a "preorder" at TFAW which is at 20% off the cover price. So I assume both sites should pack them very safely...Im wondering if I should order 10. I would like to get a couple slabbed and also one for reading and one for my older bro. Whats a safe amount to order is what Im wondering. Im not going to go all big ballin Birdman on these like some of us have said they are doing (=

I just want a comfy amount.

I would think you could get a 9.8 out of five (could be one), but at the low price of new releases, ten doesn't hurt too bad. 2c

I think Cobra and Viper should battle like Pokemon!

Hey Viper.... You hanging in there brother?

Viper is like a snake not the car.... slithers by in the weeds and then will pops out of nowhere. lol

He goes where the pre order goes.... lol

I checked out his auctions and sales history earlier as well as his car...I dont think he would want to battle ( =

On a sidenote, this comic does really look like it should be something special. Are you all buying into the hype like me?

Midtown has packing issues occasionally, with corners getting bumped either before or during shipment. It really is hit-or-miss with them, so what I've started trying to do is adding a couple of cheap oversized books to my order so they take the hits instead of the books that I prefer arriving in good shape, and it seems to work.

Midtown is hit or miss. I've had great experiences and bummer experiences and really it's about 50/50.

Have gotten 9.8's all the way down to 6.0ish for new books (shameful a few books I got - they new they were jacked). It's a dice roll.

Ryan wow, 6.0 for new books 0_o.

I honestly will be happy to pull a 9.8 for me and would be totally fine with the others in the 9's. Im not sure who to roll the dice with, Midtown or TFAW. Those 9.8 CGC are all gone from DF too huh? Theres nobody else selling those?

I know I mentioned this before too but I liked the other covers soo much. I especially liked issue #2's cover. These new ones are growing on me (#1) but I kind of wish they made it in the first style.

Edited by Cobra83

I checked out his auctions and sales history earlier as well as his car...I dont think he would want to battle ( =

On a sidenote, this comic does really look like it should be something special. Are you all buying into the hype like me?

The comics does look awesome. Hype is a powerful thing. I know ENTIRE companies that function almost entirely in hype. The problem is that if quality doesn't follow it, hype dies and so does the book. Jump in, but don't go too deep until you at least read it and decide whether you believe in the title. That's the best advice I can offer - 2c

Ryan wow, 6.0 for new books 0_o.

I honestly will be happy to pull a 9.8 for me and would be totally fine with the others in the 9's. Im not sure who to roll the dice with, Midtown or TFAW. Those 9.8 CGC are all gone from DF too huh? Theres nobody else selling those?

I'm not slamming DF - they have a good service, just long waits - but you'd be better off buying a few books from Midtown or TFAW (or both). You'll hit a 9.8. If you don't I'll really be surprised.

Yeah, that 6.0 was garbage (bedlam 1 with creasing, bad cover scratching, etc. looked like someone 'keyed' it). I gave it away as a reader.

Good luck my friend (thumbs u