• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Based on all of this last minute preorder interest the print run is probably going to end up higher than Bedlam.

I doubt it, Bedlam was hyped for a long time before, and then the NYCC variants being over paid for prior to the launch of the actual book, turned it into an out and out frenzy, plus it had like 7 or 8 covers.

EoW will be high because of the cover, and a popular writer, but I would wager it falls around the high teens, maybe low twenties.

All that being said, small print runs dont make a book, just like variants dont stop a book. Quality and desirability rule the day.

Based on all of this last minute preorder interest the print run is probably going to end up higher than Bedlam.

I doubt it, Bedlam was hyped for a long time before, and then the NYCC variants being over paid for prior to the launch of the actual book, turned it into an out and out frenzy, plus it had like 7 or 8 covers.

EoW will be high because of the cover, and a popular writer, but I would wager it falls around the high teens, maybe low twenties.

All that being said, small print runs dont make a book, just like variants dont stop a book. Quality and desirability rule the day.

Nick Spencer said offical print run for regular Bedlam was ~24607, so I could see with everyone(boardies and retailers) not wanting to get caught off guard that this could reach 25K+

I have a few of this on order. I mainly buy what I want to read and if I get lucky then that's a plus. I do pick up the odd copy of comics mentioned on here if I can still bag them in my LCS for cover.

Currently toying with getting the DF 9.8 offer on this.

i know what the print run is, and what he said. My points remain, and my opinion is most likely 15-18K, maybe stretching as high as the low 20s.

I hope you are right and the print run is no higher than 20k

Saga's is 37K for number 1, so it isnt make or break even if it is "higher". Even Bedlam's run is still about half of any big two book, ones that never move above cover.

People here attribute far to much to low print runs. If the low print run is the source of the value, then the book isnt as stable long term. For me personally, I like to see a book be valuable on it merits. That's one of the strongest indicators to me that saga will remain number 2 to walking dead from this era. It's worth 200 slabbed, with a 37K print run, and each month the number of issues printed goes up.

That's a recipe for long term success.

i know what the print run is, and what he said. My points remain, and my opinion is most likely 15-18K, maybe stretching as high as the low 20s.

I hope you are right and the print run is no higher than 20k

Yeah-- wouldn't want the creators to make any money or support their families!

+1 Small Print runs don't matter. Look at how many books out there have a small print run and not desired. If the book is good then we all know that hype will drive the price on the secondary market.