• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Word

Ive got half the amount I got in #1s

My LCS told me that I can let them know my number for #3 the day after I read #2

Ive got enough preordered for the first two so it will be nice to see how the series is before getting too many of later issues

Now you are saying variants over priced a book?

Its a really hard subject to debate really.

I think I will be more careful with newer books and not jump in with both feet unless, like Bedlam,I am certain that the story is so good its a winner.

Multiple simultaneous variants will ensure that more creators loose money than gain.

2c

no, i dont think i said that. I agree Bedlam will be a long term success likely, and those who bought in will do well :baiting:

My point is that, having multiple variants will help shield a book from an unsustainable speculation, which in the long run will hurt both creators and speculators.

People who believe in Bedlam still having the ability to buy into the book, without having to spend a fortune, is good for them, and doesnt hurt the creator. Lot's of variants made the creators a lot of money too.

What's hurt bedlam, is people who bought in thinking they could make a quick buck, bailing when they realized they couldnt. But those people werent truly helping the creators either.

If the Sketch variant hadnt released before the regular cover, I am sure the secondary market would have been vary different. That one silly sale of $500, caused all the problems imo.

Bedlam will eventually clean through all the over supply, and the prices will start to rise.

CBT knows of which he speaks :preach: this and your previous post are exactly what happened with Bedlam. Everyone had plenty of time to prepare and preordered scads of books and panicked when they could not sell them for $20.00 by Sunday. The only people confused by the variants were the quick flippers because they didn't know which book was the top book. Fortunately, the story was solid enough to sustain the book through the lean times. In a couple months, the flood will be absorbed and the first issue will pick up...probably right around the time the first trade is released.

I can't disagrre about the panicking flippers - there was a brutal example for all to see on these very boards - rest assured people, my Bedlam hoard is still safe, my confidence unwavering!

I guess we will politely agree to disagree because its too nice a day to bicker over a silly comic book.

Out to the pub and then the Aussie Rules Footy with a nice chilli.

:cloud9:

I can't disagrre about the panicking flippers - there was a brutal example for all to see on these very boards - rest assured people, my Bedlam hoard is still safe, my confidence unwavering!

I guess we will politely agree to disagree because its too nice a day to bicker over a silly comic book.

Out to the pub and then the Aussie Rules Footy with a nice chilli.

:cloud9:

Sounds kinky, enjoy my friend (thumbs u

Good luck to those who pre-order the FP variant. They will probably ship in a light cardboard envelope. No bag n board or anything else to protect to books, so it really is a roll of the dice with them. Buyer beware.

Really? Someone else on another board who ordered these and has ordered in the past said "They are quick also..and very reliable"

Maybe I should contact the customer service in advance and let them know that Im expecting these to be packed good.

Good luck to those who pre-order the FP variant. They will probably ship in a light cardboard envelope. No bag n board or anything else to protect to books, so it really is a roll of the dice with them. Buyer beware.

Really? Someone else on another board who ordered these and has ordered in the past said "They are quick also..and very reliable"

Maybe I should contact the customer service in advance and let them know that Im expecting these to be packed good.

Probably should. Ordering in quantity may produce different results, but that' s how my 4 bedlam FPs arrived shipped to the states.

I tried ordering from them twice, both times they took my order and both times after a month or so I get an email saying they couldn't fill my order. Wish they would have told me and not

Waited a month...... Oh well, lessons learned.

Hi there,

Thanks for your email.

These variants and special editions should be boarded and packed well, but if I can take your order number, I can put a note on there for you?

Kind regards,

Dan

Mail Order Team