• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

A lot of people bought the one variant thinking it would be the only variant because Hickham tweeted no variants. But then everything got added on.

And now that I think about it no one has really complained in the Helheim thread for Oni Press. I haven't been keeping up in there though. There are 4 covers of that I think? That were all announced at different times. Not the day before the release like EoW, but still 4 covers for #1.

Sorry, forgot to add that Stephenson said that ALL non Image variants are approved by Image.

Anyhow...moving on.

Which raises an interesting question: Does Hickman have to approve the variants?

Oh, and a few months back I :preach: that this is the book that changes everything. The preorders are more than the buyers. Some agreed, some didn't. I think I may have been right.

:ohnoez:

didnt i reply saying it already happened with bedlam :baiting::)

Oh, and a few months back I :preach: that this is the book that changes everything. The preorders are more than the buyers. Some agreed, some didn't. I think I may have been right.

:ohnoez:

didnt i reply saying it already happened with bedlam :baiting::)

Yes sir. :grin:

But I'm thinking the print run on this ones gonna be a lot more.

"It's Nonplayer time..."

That's funny. I never read that. I have a copy of Hardcore, Dancer, and No Place Like Home that I need to read as well....

No Place Like Home and Nonplayer are both good reads.

sold out at diamond means pre-orders plus the standard extra margin have been filled. Generally the book will then go back to second printing. it also means "SOLD OUT!!!!!" on ebay listings.

Like Bedlam, which has a second printing.

and unsold 1st printings at midtown and mcs.....

Hope midtown isn't cutting preorders for this series.. I got my orders months ago but now I see they updated with the 1 per customer tag in my previews order section as well.. I feel like I haven't seen that before with any other series

Hope midtown isn't cutting preorders for this series.. I got my orders months ago but now I see they updated with the 1 per customer tag in my previews order section as well.. I feel like I haven't seen that before with any other series

They should go by the restrictions that existed when the order was placed.

My 5 copies show as 'shipped.'

you should be able to walk into any grocery store in America and grab 20 copies, all gem mint....no worries...I wouldn't even bother looking for a copy till a few weeks later. Spawn 1 will pale in comparison, it will bring about bubble bursting that will make the great flood look like an overflowing toilet.

Edited by krighton