• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

My LCS is so strange. There were only 5 of these on the shelf at opening today, but they still had 10+ Five Ghosts. I'll never get these guys...

Any retailer who doesn't have plenty of copies of this book is pretty useless, as the marketing of this book to stores was VERY strong.

my print run prediction is in the first few pages and I remain unchanged in my opinion. Only question mark is the hickman interview, but i dont think it was a literal "3x", just an expression.

There are three variants, not 4, and none of them originated by hickman, so i think his original tweet remains true.

So is Image no longer creator owned?

I imagine he has to have some approval for them if he really owns East of West.

I said originated, not "approved".

Hickman does not own:

Forbidden Planet

The Ghost group of retailers

Image Comics (RRP)

He said he did not "plan" to do variants, and he didnt. He said yes to two store variants that are purchasing his book in large numbers to make them, and he said yes to Image having a showcase variant for their shindig.

my print run prediction is in the first few pages and I remain unchanged in my opinion. Only question mark is the hickman interview, but i dont think it was a literal "3x", just an expression.

There are three variants, not 4, and none of them originated by hickman, so i think his original tweet remains true.

So is Image no longer creator owned?

I imagine he has to have some approval for them if he really owns East of West.

I said originated, not "approved".

Hickman does not own:

Forbidden Planet

The Ghost group of retailers

Image Comics (RRP)

He said he did not "plan" to do variants, and he didnt. He said yes to two store variants that are purchasing his book in large numbers to make them, and he said yes to Image having a showcase variant for their shindig.

I was just asking everyone in the thread generally if Image is starting to take more money like DC/Marvel because they are actually starting to see bigger money.

10 copies sold for 84.99

Seems most are going for about 4.50.

Forbidden planets going for 20-25

Amazon they are going for 6.95

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Comics-/63/i.html?LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=east+of+west&_sop=3

yah, $8.50 the highest paid so far for 1st prints

$30 the highest paid for the Forbidden planet variant

hopefully prices dont go any higher. That's a great range for it to settle into and build some stability.

I was just asking everyone in the thread generally if Image is starting to take more money like DC/Marvel because they are actually starting to see bigger money.

BatGirl 17 out sold walking dead by 2,200 in February. I think they have a ways to go still before there is any worry about that. Image was a product OF the 90s comic bubble, so I hardly think they can be viewed as some innocent pure company.

If people are willing to pre-order 100 copies, variants will get made. It's cause and effect, the books with no variants, are the ones people didnt pre-order by the case.

Can someone tell me how much they got charged for shipping from forbidden planet to the states and size of their order

Someone just said that 10 books cost them 40 bucks to ship. Maybe i read that here or somewhere else but i just read it a few minutes ago. Cant remember where exactly :P

I preordered 50 FP Variants the day it was made available and was charged 39 pounds (59 dollars). So with shipping, the cost per book was around 7 dollars. Just got confirmation that the order was filled.

I'm ready to get my issues!

I ended up cancelling my FP variants just because of the shipping. It wasn't worth it for the 3-5 copies I planned on purchasing.

I'm glad it's leaning toward being a good read. That's what I was hoping for.