• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

My LCS got zero.. Zilch.

They ordered them and diamond didn't ship them. They said they called diamond and hope they get their order.

I was only getting one from them anyway. Ordered more elsewhere. But I wanted a reading copy today. :sorry:

First RRP to eBay: Over/Under $250?

o v e r

How many can we put you down for Court?

At that price...? ZERO.

I would expect some to be available at the start of the con in the $50 range. Then as those get snatched up some may still be available in the $100 range. Anything more than that seems excessive to me.

Question to those that pre-order large quantities... what do you do if most of them are damaged? if its a hot book, would you'd have to eat the 9.6s? Returning them for a refund would be cool, but you are still out the books.

Everything is NM on eBay. :ohnoez:

Question to those that pre-order large quantities... what do you do if most of them are damaged? if its a hot book, would you'd have to eat the 9.6s? Returning them for a refund would be cool, but you are still out the books.

I don't pre-order not in person. I don't wait for my preorders to be shipped to me.

However, As long as the books are in Near Mint condition, (9 point 0 plus) - I don't think you can return the books.

I don't pre-order not in person. I don't wait for my preorders to be shipped to me.

However, As long as the books are in Near Mint condition, (9 point 0 plus) - I don't think you can return the books.

damn, that sucks! lol

Yeah, you're not pre-ordering 9.8s, you're pre-ordering sellable copies. If you tried to return 9.6 quality books you'd probably get laughed at. That's why 9.8 slabs carry a premium - they're not a given, even if you purchase the books new. Most every batch of new books will range from 9.4 to 9.8 and you have to be able to recongnize the difference and sub the good ones. The rest get sold as raw NM on ebay.

Now if the books take a hit during shipment and you end up with 50 9.0s, it's time to return or exchange depending on availablility.

damn, that sucks! lol

Just take it as a lesson and get a pulllist at your LCS and ask for a discount when you preorder.

Its usually cheaper than buying from the bulk sites! 2c

My LCS got zero.. Zilch.

They ordered them and diamond didn't ship them. They said they called diamond and hope they get their order.

I was only getting one from them anyway. Ordered more elsewhere. But I wanted a reading copy today. :sorry:

I wouldn't worry too much, Diamond F up like this regularly but are usually pretty good at correcting their mistakes.

That was exciting. I went to two LCSs today coming back from running an errand and they were both sold out already. One of those two are a huge buyer of indy books. They order heavy for other hot Image books. Kinda strange they missed the one that was on the cover of Previews.