• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

once the good reviews spread, demand may start to outweigh supply even with 50k.
is 50k a real number?

50K is not a confirmed number. I just took what Hickman said literally and applied the first print run of MP #1 to it. Who knows what the number will actually be? The numbers should come out in about two weeks.

Krighton is right that good reviews will spur on the demand. But if the book is indeed in the 50K+ mark, it will need great "5 out of 5 stars/book of the month / Top 10 book of the year" reviews to spur on demand to top that supply. I think the reviews today are a good start. Another big review that should be out soon is ifanboy.com. My guess is that it will likely be named their Pick of the Week, which gets a nice segment on thier home page and takes up a good 10 minutes at the beginning of their podcast.

East of West should make pick of the week on merits alone. But the people at ifanboy are big Hickman fans. In addition, one of the founders just left to be VP of Business Development at Image. So I can't see a situation where they would not help out their friend.

So, this is BY FAR, the best thing I've read all year in regards to #1 issues. Hell, I wish the trade paperback was already out lol.

Also, if you just read this digitally, you will be missing a LOT. I did both (read my floppy, and digitally) and the floppy stands out.

One last thing. My friend's shop had 40 copies destroyed by Diamond. So, who actually knows in regards to print numbers, etc etc.

This book really has everything going tho.... it's the type of comic I wish I had written, which is the best thing I could write about it!

Local store had two copies on the shelf at 3pm local time and I got both, they were shocked at how fast it had sold out. Suprised to hear of stores having like 100 copies available. I'm tempted to pick up a Forbidden Planet variant but even postage to Ireland is £8 and they've limited it to 1 per customer now

Local store had two copies on the shelf at 3pm local time and I got both, they were shocked at how fast it had sold out. Suprised to hear of stores having like 100 copies available. I'm tempted to pick up a Forbidden Planet variant but even postage to Ireland is £8 and they've limited it to 1 per customer now

NO WAY! to Ireland is £8? It's not that bad to US! It was like $10 for 3 copies. Good lord that fairy overcharges. Note to self, open a shipping co in the UK.

Edit: ferry... Not fairy, though that may explain the overcharging. Little wings get fatigued and all.

Edited by Mr. Hog