• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

By the way, Rob Liefield is saying that Jupiter's Legacy is going to top 150k orders. That is insane. Tough to believe, but he has an inside look at the numbers. If this is true, East of West will be over 50k and Hickman's 3x comment was literal.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/27/will-jupiters-legacy-top-150000-orders/

Liefeld is full of it....5x saga 1????????.....no freaking way

I believe this guy more than RL.

They can't print that many because it would negate variants and subsequent prints (not to mention some bit of scarcity in the market increases hype and desirability - a little collector psychology 101).

I believe this guy more than RL.

They can't print that many because it would negate variants and subsequent prints (not to mention some bit of scarcity in the market increases hype and desirability - a little collector psychology 101).

From the article, it sounds like they are including variants and the projected reprints in the numbers?

I posted in the Jupiter's Legacy thread what Mark Millar said about pre-order sales for it (ie being at 100k+ already and beating every DC & Marvel comic that month) and everyone was like "yeah we already knew that".

I don't know if it'll reach 150k, but I know for a fact it'll be over 100k (because it already was a couple of weeks ago).