• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

So I'm curious how did anyone order the FP variants? I attempted to order a few copies and in return I just received an email stating that they don't ship outside of Europe now.... so how did you get your copy?

So I'm curious how did anyone order the FP variants? I attempted to order a few copies and in return I just received an email stating that they don't ship outside of Europe now.... so how did you get your copy?

I think these guys all pre-ordered at least month in advance, I am pretty sure they still ship outside EU, but maybe they enforced this restriction for East of West FP variant due to high demand?

well, i am talking about people selling raw not slabbed. Most of the people buying in those volumes are looking to quick flip, not hold for WD numbers.

Dont underestimate the Western world's ZIRP in helping fund any and all bubbles ;)

Especially when you get'em for $1.75. Sell at or just over cover for a 100% profit. Not my game, but this does go on. just like stocks I'm in it for the long run. ;)

To me... these people who flip right out of the gate and don't let the comic mature just to gain a dollar or two profit are truly BOTTOM FEEDERS!!! The only one making the money is Ebay. Geesh, are times that bad.... it might be time to find a real job.

Sorry for venting but it really gets annoying when everyone tries to undercut someone for a quick buck. I hope we aren't heading toward darker times in this market.

well, i am talking about people selling raw not slabbed. Most of the people buying in those volumes are looking to quick flip, not hold for WD numbers.

Dont underestimate the Western world's ZIRP in helping fund any and all bubbles ;)

Especially when you get'em for $1.75. Sell at or just over cover for a 100% profit. Not my game, but this does go on. just like stocks I'm in it for the long run. ;)

yup, and like 2000, they will be left holding the bag as the push more and more junk capital forward into the next flip. The margins will continue to compress until the bottom falls out.

I just got my tracking info - I live in chicago and they shipped my order

They're limiting it to one per customer now, read the comics listing on the website. Anyone who ordered more than one got their order in ages ago.

For those of you who've ordered the FP variant, are you listing the comic already? I don't know when I'm going to get my copy so going to avoid having someone waiting for ages.

Edited by gambra

I just got my tracking info - I live in chicago and they shipped my order

Yea I'm thinking that due to demand they stopped shipping it overseas. Kinda sucks but oh well. Was hoping to be able to get a few copies to try to get a 9.8 but guess I'll have to try on the for sale section then.

To me... these people who flip right out of the gate and don't let the comic mature just to gain a dollar or two profit are truly BOTTOM FEEDERS!!! The only one making the money is Ebay. Geesh, are times that bad.... it might be time to find a real job.

Sorry for venting but it really gets annoying when everyone tries to undercut someone for a quick buck. I hope we aren't heading toward darker times in this market.

Couldn't disagree with this statement more. So everyone who sells modern comics as they are released doesn't have a full time job? and are bottom feeders? No one forces anyone to make a purchase. If someone wants to pay XX over cover then let them.

Edited by cdrag

The real potential of the secondary market won't be seen for a few issues. #6 has been mentioned several times in this thread. I would say maybe even #4-5. NWM was huge at #3 and now I see a stack of #4 at every LCS. I don't think this will be a ToT where #1-4 were hard to get 1st prints.

Most of us Previews ordered a few dozen copies (I am in for 44 copies). But being the only person at my LCS who bought a copy at 5:30pm (when they had 30-40 copies and I don't know if they sold any after me but I can check back in a few days) I might go back and pick up the rest. If I can make $40-50 on all of those and still have my Previews order to hold for a few months then I'm going to do it.

The real potential of the secondary market won't be seen for a few issues. #6 has been mentioned several times in this thread. I would say maybe even #4-5. NWM was huge at #3 and now I see a stack of #4 at every LCS. I don't think this will be a ToT where #1-4 were hard to get 1st prints.

Most of us Previews ordered a few dozen copies (I am in for 44 copies). But being the only person at my LCS who bought a copy at 5:30pm (when they had 30-40 copies and I don't know if they sold any after me but I can check back in a few days) I might go back and pick up the rest. If I can make $40-50 on all of those and still have my Previews order to hold for a few months then I'm going to do it.

well, your first paragraph is more evidence that NWM is oversold due to speculation:

Nowhere Men #1 11820

Nowhere Men #2 7370

Nowhere Men #3 7420

2nd issue % Drop: 38%

That's deep into speculator range AND the book was "overlooked", which triggered the price rise.

Saga #1 37640

Saga #2 36890

Saga #3 38900

2nd issue % Drop: 2%

Over triple the print run, but 3rd issue passed #1 and the book has been stable and caught fire almost a year later. This is the model that matters, and what I hope to see to know EoW is a stable winner. Obviously the bubble has grown, and 2% is likely unachieveable. Anythign 15% or lower is great.

well, your first paragraph is more evidence that NWM is oversold due to speculation:

Nowhere Men #1 11820

Nowhere Men #2 7370

Nowhere Men #3 7420

2nd issue % Drop: 38%

That's deep into speculator range AND the book was "overlooked", which triggered the price rise.

Saga #1 37640

Saga #2 36890

Saga #3 38900

2nd issue % Drop: 2%

Over triple the print run, but 3rd issue passed #1 and the book has been stable and caught fire almost a year later. This is the model that matters, and what I hope to see to know EoW is a stable winner. Obviously the bubble has grown, and 2% is likely unachieveable. Anythign 15% or lower is great.

:golfclap:

Thank you for all the information. That was really helpful.

Do you think Saga #2 only dropped 2% because #1 was a double issue? We got more story and more questions to ask ourselves. So I would think 15% would be a great number still like you said.

purely SPECULATION question.

i am asking because i do not know the answer.

Do you feel that because Hickman works (a lot) for Marvel, that if push came to shove, EoW and/or MP would suffer so he could meet the demands of a Marvel Schedule?

purely SPECULATION question.

i am asking because i do not know the answer.

Do you feel that because Hickman works (a lot) for Marvel, that if push came to shove, EoW and/or MP would suffer so he could meet the demands of a Marvel Schedule?

I can try searching for it, but he gave a reason why Secret suffered.