• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I would pull the trigger at $80-100 for sure. Maybe even up to $120. But if people snap up the first few on ebay for more than that i wont buy it. I'd love to get someone to snag a copy for me, for a nominal fee of course. If the print run is 1,000 or more, the book should be in the $100-150 range. Raw copies are what i prefer so far, maybe the day will come that i sub some books.

I would pull the trigger at $80-100 for sure. Maybe even up to $120. But if people snap up the first few on ebay for more than that i wont buy it. I'd love to get someone to snag a copy for me, for a nominal fee of course. If the print run is 1,000 or more, the book should be in the $100-150 range. Raw copies are what i prefer so far, maybe the day will come that i sub some books.

Start selling your blood now... You will need the dough

I read how Jupiter's Legacy got to 150k preorders. I believe that Image made the book 100 percent refundable if the orders exceeded The Walking Dead 106 orders. So there is no downside loss risk to comic book stores in ordering large quantities. There are only upfront capital / liquidity factors impacting the size of their order.

I bring this up in the EOW forum because if this works for Image, it is likely that they will do something similar for their other #1 issues. If so, EOW could be the last #1 under the current ordering model and future new releases will have high print runs like JL.

I don't think they would do that for every book because, for smaller books the creators would have to eat the printing costs if the book failed. They may try this again as it appears successful but it won't happen with every book.

If anyone has any idea of the OA available, please pm me!! Gawd I loved this book!

Went to a signing yesterday with Dragotta and he said most of it is digital. But the covers and a few key pages that he thinks will be valuable, he did by hand. More importantly, he said he is not selling! (shrug) He was a cool guy though and I did manage to get a sketch! :whee:

If anyone has any idea of the OA available, please pm me!! Gawd I loved this book!

Went to a signing yesterday with Dragotta and he said most of it is digital. But the covers and a few key pages that he thinks will be valuable, he did by hand. More importantly, he said he is not selling! (shrug) He was a cool guy though and I did manage to get a sketch! :whee:

Pix or it didn't happen

Someone posted this link in the Jupiter's Legacy thread but it may explain why Hickman stated that the print run of this title is 3x any of his other titles.

The last line of the article says:

"UPDATE: It has been pointed out to me that both Saga #1 and East Of West #1 were fully returnable, and EOW is already selling copies for $10, and Saga… well…"

Edited by prodigy44

Just hype, I think Jupiter's Legacy is going to fall flat on its face....it's nowhere near EoW.

I wish Midtown would hurry up and sell out of EoW...this 1 per person limit could go on forever.

Edited by krighton