• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Nobody commented on the fact that the auction ended around $100?

The person driving the price up

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 59%

But the guy who actually won for $91 only has 4% with this seller. Shill or not, somebody paid $91 for it.

What happens if a shill wins the auction?

Edited by chaseman210

It's clear to me that the purchaser thought it was a variant, as he used a different cover. It's up to the buyer to do research before bidding this up. Whatever happened, I see a refund happening soon one way or the other.

It's clear to me that the purchaser thought it was a variant, as he used a different cover. It's up to the buyer to do research before bidding this up. Whatever happened, I see a refund happening soon one way or the other.

I agree as soon as the book is delivered and the buyer sees that its the standard #1 a refund will be issued. The funny thing is it was a bidding war :roflmao:

Ahhh I see. The seller didn't even say "Stock Image" in the description.

Just got my Ghost Variants and 0 for 4 slabbable candidates. Another EBay seller goes on the "spoon" list... doh!

Unless he had them listed as cgc 9.8 why would you do that? If they were actually damaged return them. If they were in sellable condition as per Diamond criteria stop whining.

Just got my Ghost Variants and 0 for 4 slabbable candidates. Another EBay seller goes on the "spoon" list... doh!

Unless he had them listed as cgc 9.8 why would you do that? If they were actually damaged return them. If they were in sellable condition as per Diamond criteria stop whining.

In contact with the seller already. I didn't realize that tears through the cover of a book and 2 inch creases running throughout the book qualified as "per Diamond shop criteria"

Thanks for your concern though

Edited by BizarroChuck

In contact with the seller already. I didn't realize that tears through the cover of a book and 2 inch creases running throughout the book qualified as "per Diamond shop criteria"

Thanks for your concern though

Which is why I made my post. Without you giving details of what the problem was your original post was pointless. You're welcome.

I'vepurchased about 15-20 books in the modern section on these boards in the last few months, all advertised as Nm+ or better and after contact withthe sellers here I've been promised 9.6 or better only to get books in the vf range, its not not eBay where You have to be careful purchasing books

To me... these people who flip right out of the gate and don't let the comic mature just to gain a dollar or two profit are truly BOTTOM FEEDERS!!! The only one making the money is Ebay. Geesh, are times that bad.... it might be time to find a real job.

Sorry for venting but it really gets annoying when everyone tries to undercut someone for a quick buck. I hope we aren't heading toward darker times in this market.

Maybe some people don't have any job at all and have to do what they can.

Not me, just saying.

-slym