• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

how were your forbidden planet issues packed by the way? curious to know how they pack for international shipments

They packed 2 per a cardboard envelope and each issue was bagged & boarded with another board in the front of each issue. All the cardboard envelopes were then placed into a bubble mailer. All the way from the UK on two different shipments and zero damage. I can't say the same for all the shipments I've had from Midtown.

Anyone want to guess what Midtown did to me? I ordered 55 in preorder with them. The invoice looked like this: 1x 55 quantity. Soooooo they sent me one!! Needless to say I sent 3 emails this past week in regards to this mix-up. Hopefully my 54 copies will be nice when I eventually get them.

Finally got to read issue 1 today because the in-laws made a surprise visit last weekend. Friggin A this was awesome. So many great moments. Best line "natural selection would have loved you". That whole scene was great actually.

Finally got to read issue 1 today because the in-laws made a surprise visit last weekend. Friggin A this was awesome. So many great moments. Best line "natural selection would have loved you". That whole scene was great actually.

One of my favourite scenes from issue 1. That and Death visiting the president.

That's why I'm so done with this company. I truly believe they reuse bags and boards because every order I receive has these boards that are bent/crushed at the corners, thus creasing my books. how hard is it to keep the books in decent condition inside the bag, they definitely lost my business. I go through TFAW or DCBS. So far no problems!!!!

Fufat

I think a big factor that people are not considering is that Ebay was not the force that it is(or even existed) during the first bubble in the mid 90s.

Not to mention social media, movies, TV shows, cgc and message boards. This bubble may just continue to grow because of the driving forces I just mentioned.

I was pretty darn impressed with DCBS packaging after I received my first order last week. They bundle the books nicely and then use some type of formed packaging material to make zero room for movement.