• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

This series is going places. I like those places. Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Pseudo western alternate universe America. SOLD

I am also very sad that I could not go to Flying Colors in Concord to get an issue 1 signed by Dragotta today... I have to stay close to home since my wife is expecting any day now...

GLWTBaby!

+1

This series is going places. I like those places. Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Pseudo western alternate universe America. SOLD

I am also very sad that I could not go to Flying Colors in Concord to get an issue 1 signed by Dragotta today... I have to stay close to home since my wife is expecting any day now...

GLWTBaby!

+1

+2 You need any cigars?

GLWTBaby!

+1

+2 You need any cigars?

+3

I just read 1 and 2. I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it, but I'm kind of lost due tot he back and forth nature of the story. The little kid horsemen and the white adult horsemen storyline has me a little lost as I said. I guess I'll wait and see in a couple of issues if they flesh it out a bit better for me.

GLWTBaby!

+1

+2 You need any cigars?

+3

Thanks a bunch guys! No cigars for me =( I just quit smoking 60ish days ago. I only smoke electric now and I eventually want to make that go away as well. :sorry:

This will be my second boy. 15 boys in 60 in years in my family. Probably a blessing in disguise... :insane:

I just read 1 and 2. I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it, but I'm kind of lost due tot he back and forth nature of the story. The little kid horsemen and the white adult horsemen storyline has me a little lost as I said. I guess I'll wait and see in a couple of issues if they flesh it out a bit better for me.

As with most moderns it will probably read better in trade. Either way, taking it for what it is, the writing and art is really good.

I used to shop there when I was a kid! Well, a teenager more than a kid. I couldn't get out there much when I was a kid since I grew up about 30 miles away in Oakley, if you know where that is.

That being said, I was up in Norcal the week before last and saw that they were having Dragota in this week. Missed it by two weeks! They also still had about 20 or so copies of #1 on the shelf.

agree with you on that I need to reread #2 again

are the 4hm kids not the same ones as the adults we see in the bar fight in #1 ?.. Cause I thought they were up till now (shrug)

I don't get how people are confused.. Was an easy read for me...

anyway....You know a story is gonna be good when one of the characters are eating a buffalo leg. Not a buffalo wing. An actual buffalo leg.

agree with you on that I need to reread #2 again

are the 4hm kids not the same ones as the adults we see in the bar fight in #1 ?.. Cause I thought they were up till now (shrug)

No. The bar fight has Death and his people and the 3 kids are the remaining horsemen. For some reason, Death appears older than the rest which has not to my knowledge been explained.

It kind states that the 3 horsemen kids must have been killed and have to grow up again. Death must have beat them the last fight. Its a little sketchy but thats what i get out of it. Havent picked up my 5 copies of #2 yet so idk whats going in in that issue. I will say that i love yhe art and the story so far.

Sorry, no pics, but I was at the Nick Dragotta signing at Flying Colors yesterday. That's a class store and they do signings right. Nick sketched for everyone in line. They turned out great, just about as good as a con sketch that you'd normally pay for. Congrats to those who got sketches.

It kind states that the 3 horsemen kids must have been killed and have to grow up again. Death must have beat them the last fight. Its a little sketchy but thats what i get out of it.

That's how I see it, except I'm not sure Death killed them because when they were reborn they were expecting him to be there as well.

Heroes' Haven is offering $50 to retailers for their EoW RRPs (in tacky fliers at tables at the diamond summit). There's your floor...

:takeit: for $51

(new floor established :devil: )

$51.01 :takeit:

Boooom!

$51.99

They may be offering $50 but will retailers actually get them in hand at the summit or have to wait to receive them by mail upon returning to their shops? The summit site clearly states they will be mailed.

Hmm.. can't wait for confirmation of this