• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I read issue three last night.

And I don't know. Not the greatest feeling when I finished reading it.

No I'm actually tempted to SELL SELL SELL. That was atrocious. I had no idea what was going on and was scrambling to piece it together as the issue finished. It is taking the path of all Hickman issues.

I'm tempted to put up my 9.8 copy of 1 and the first three issues for sale. This was not a good book.

RIP Chris S sig line :sorry:

No I'm actually tempted to SELL SELL SELL. That was atrocious. I had no idea what was going on and was scrambling to piece it together as the issue finished. It is taking the path of all Hickman issues.

I'm tempted to put up my 9.8 copy of 1 and the first three issues for sale. This was not a good book.

RIP Chris S sig line :sorry:

You'll love the new hula hoop girl!

I'm glad I'm not alone. :(

Sad hearing the neg reviews of three... Don't have it in hand yet, so we'll see. I will say that it's impossible for every issue of every series on the radar to be epic-jaw-dropping-goodness. But, it's what we demand and are ready to say, "this series blows" after three issues.

I like EoW and my argument is not in defense of it, but a general observation. I get that it's tough to wait month to month for a sometimes just okay issue... But that's our version fun.

R

You guys are really basing an entire series on one issue?

Well, we are only three issues in. So I'm basing an ENTIRE third of a series on one third of this series.

It wasn't good and reminded me why I dislike Hickman's stories. That is what has me worried.

I just read it and have to say that I'm in complete disagreement, I thought it was a good issue. It may be because I just read #1-2 a couple of days ago in anticipation of #3, but I thought it was a good story that followed well from the other two issues. I'm really enjoying this series and look forward to #4.

:takeit:

complexity is the best possible thing a comic book can have for me to enjoy it. Comics arent for kids anymore, its adult literature. Pointless violence or sex anyone can write, I want a good story that makes you think and isnt predictable or a series of cliches strung together.

Well, we are only three issues in. So I'm basing an ENTIRE third of a series on one third of this series.

It wasn't good and reminded me why I dislike Hickman's stories. That is what has me worried.

Interestingly, I thought that this issue was the easiest to read of the first three issues so far. Issue 1 seemed like it came out of the blue. Just a whole bunch of people dying and what not. Issue 2 seemed to start piecing together what's going on (the bringers of the apocalypse are working with the citizens to bring about the end, but death decided that he liked the world). Issue 3:

Death's wife was set up by her sister, but spared by a deal made by her father, who's very powerful. Death wants her back, but the other horsemen are in pursuit.

Easily, the most contained story points so far. Issue 4? All I know is that it's set up for a whole bunch of people to die. I'm looking forward to that.

Interestingly, I thought that this issue was the easiest to read of the first three issues so far. Issue 1 seemed like it came out of the blue. Just a whole bunch of people dying and what not. Issue 2 seemed to start piecing together what's going on (the bringers of the apocalypse are working with the citizens to bring about the end, but death decided that he liked the world). Issue 3:

Death's wife was set up by her sister, but spared by a deal made by her father, who's very powerful. Death wants her back, but the other horsemen are in pursuit.

Easily, the most contained story points so far. Issue 4? All I know is that it's set up for a whole bunch of people to die. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm very much in agreement with this analysis. I wasn't sure quite what was happening in #1, but liked it and agreed to go along for the ride. #2-3 have gone a long way to fill in the backstory and flesh out the characters/world. I'm definitely in for the long haul on this story.

I'm thinking about not picking up future issues based on this issue.

So yes.

AH- I thought you were my boy!!!

(you are... like what you like... don't like what you don't like)

will be reading this tonight on my way home.

i love series that seem to actually REWARD the reader for reading it multiple times.

ive read the MindMGMT series three times now, still fresh

Same. This along with Mind MGMT are 2 of my favourite comics right now.