• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

My FREE RRP arrived safely at CGC this morning at 1023am EST. Oh yeah...let the 30 day waiting period begin. :banana:

R_H

Did you FT it?

Yes, I did, Chase. :sumo:

R_H

I know CGC is usually slow, but believe it or not, I just got back my latest Modern FT in 12 business days. It's supposed to be delivered today.

Spoke to CGC about an hour ago and they have graded my books including the RRP and they are all 9.8s :banana:

She said that they should be shipped out tomorrow; therefore, they arrived on May 31 and will be shipped back to me on June 21 -- 16 business days!!!

R_H

My FREE RRP arrived safely at CGC this morning at 1023am EST. Oh yeah...let the 30 day waiting period begin. :banana:

R_H

Did you FT it?

Yes, I did, Chase. :sumo:

R_H

I know CGC is usually slow, but believe it or not, I just got back my latest Modern FT in 12 business days. It's supposed to be delivered today.

Spoke to CGC about an hour ago and they have graded my books including the RRP and they are all 9.8s :banana:

She said that they should be shipped out tomorrow; therefore, they arrived on May 31 and will be shipped back to me on June 21 -- 16 business days!!!

R_H

Nice!!

So I emailed midtown about my 2 damaged books. They responded the next day asking for pics of the damage to verify etc etc. and they will get back to me shortly. I sent detailed pictures yesterday and no emails. All I'm asking for are replacements but I guess it has to go through another department? Has anyone had a problem with midtown?

So I emailed midtown about my 2 damaged books. They responded the next day asking for pics of the damage to verify etc etc. and they will get back to me shortly. I sent detailed pictures yesterday and no emails. All I'm asking for are replacements but I guess it has to go through another department? Has anyone had a problem with midtown?

You'll get them replaced. Midtown customer service has always been A+ for me. But shipping has also been great for me envelope or box.

I have seen very little interest in my east of west sets....I wonder if this is going to be another bedlam...amazing book with no real after market...

Its early on still. Plus its a bad time to sell almost anything. Hickman is weaving this story very well so far and Dragotta art is very good IMO. Time to relax besides a gradual rise is better than a spike then a plunge. :whistle:

It's too early for a book like this to pick up heat on the secondary market. The print run was big enough that it'll need to keep getting excellent reviews and a bit of hype to take off. It took Saga quite some time too.

I have seen very little interest in my east of west sets....I wonder if this is going to be another bedlam...amazing book with no real after market...

Big print run, and you can still find most copies for cover. Just wait until the end of the year when all the best comics of 2013 reviews come back and EoW's on everyone's list!

Wait until issues #6 - #10.

That will set the reader numbers, eliminate the early 9.8 outlier sales, and give a true indication of its potential.

50K readers - that's a lot of potential 9.8+ buyers.

Big print run, and you can still find most copies for cover. Just wait until the end of the year when all the best comics of 2013 reviews come back and EoW's on everyone's list!

(thumbs u

I love the book and think it'll do well long term like Saga, but just based on how many there are, i can't fathom it climbing beyond $100 in 9.8. Just too many out there.

I'm also not a variant chaser, but considering the print run, I definitely think the retailer variant will be the big draw. Should be a 350-400 book for a while. Hopefully there will be a big jump with the TPB. Either way, I have no idea why you wouldn't buy a retailer variant right now. At worst, you get your money back selling it raw.