• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I have to be honest here, I'm surprised it got a 9.6. The corner was dinged so I sent it in with some silvers to be pressed. I thought that it would fix the issue but there was a bit of color break. All and all I'm feeling ok about it... It probably would have been cheaper to just buy a 9.8 on ebay. Just think its funny that I have the only 9.6.

Getting back on track on the RRP, from what I've seen and heard, I think a lot of the print run is less than 9.8.

Think about how they were shipped; almost every copy was distributed from Diamond in the C2E2 retailer gift pack, which included about 10 comics plus a lot of toys and other merchandise in a very big box. Only the PP and EoW came in a bag and board, and all of the comics got thrown around in transit.

Personally, both of my PP and EoW from the gift pack had small color breaking creases from when the books were put into the bag and board.

I was replying to a list of favorites in another post and got to thinking about this book. I buy roughly 60 to 70 different titles a month so there is a lot of stuff I like. I order all of my comics from Midtown or ebay including lots of these. I patiently wait for all of them to arrive except for this run. I buy these as soon as I'm able in digital form. I truly can't wait to read this book and I hate that it seems to take 5 weeks to put it out but the fact that I read it online and then again in floppy form tells me how great this book is.

It could possibly change course and disappoint but I don't think it will. I think this is a long termer with great potential. Its not too late to jump on board. You can still buy the whole run at Midtown for cover or less and if you haven't read it yet.

I was replying to a list of favorites in another post and got to thinking about this book. I buy roughly 60 to 70 different titles a month so there is a lot of stuff I like. I order all of my comics from Midtown or ebay including lots of these. I patiently wait for all of them to arrive except for this run. I buy these as soon as I'm able in digital form. I truly can't wait to read this book and I hate that it seems to take 5 weeks to put it out but the fact that I read it online and then again in floppy form tells me how great this book is.

It could possibly change course and disappoint but I don't think it will. I think this is a long termer with great potential. Its not too late to jump on board. You can still buy the whole run at Midtown for cover or less and if you haven't read it yet.

+1 :sumo: