• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

anyone else holding their EoW close to the vest and not selling. I've been tempted a few times to sell some #1s...latest sale was $8.95 for a raw.

I have only sold one of my slabs a while back for $90

I think #1 will be an easy $125 book by the mid/late winter.

Call me crazy but after reading issue 5 this book is on Saga level. Its a damn shame I don't have 1 issue of this series slabbed yet. Time to get to work. This is a very worthy series to collect and read.

I wouldnt call you crazy. IMO this book is MUCH better than Saga. Saga just doesnt do it for me. Thats not to say Saga isnt a damn good book....I just get way more enjoyment out of EoW

i'd be tickled if it were $125 by winter....maybe a perfect storm of tv show news could push it that high. I think Saga 1 raw has only topped $70.

$125 slabbed by winter... not raw. It would definitely need TV/Movie news to get that kind of price.

I've seen a few auctions end up a little higher on runs the last few days. The BIN sales are considerably better. This is not mine but an example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-2-3-4-5-1st-print-set-Jonathan-Hickman-Nick-Dragotta-IMAGE-/121159612541?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c35acf87d

The new character from issue 5 was a nice unexpected addition. Issue 6 introduces us to the Ranger and according to Dragotta, not a guy you want to mess with. Does anybody else remember a character on the cover of a book that doesn't get introduced until 5 issues later ?Which will be the Ranger's first appearance RRP or issue 6 ? hm

I didn't say this earlier, but I'd say without a doubt that issue 5 was the best of the book. I'm one of the skeptics of the book, but I do want to praise it when it is deserved. I saw others saying it and wanted to chime in. It shows a lot of promise for the series.

first appearance is always Diamond Previews

Thanks for the input. I have never personally considered magazines other than comics first appearances any more than I do the posters that come out at the same time as previews.I think the Malibu Sun 13 got that started and you see it sell on ebay e few times a month as such.They are all printed on paper but they aren't all comics.

What I am curious about is what will be his first appearance in comics. He appears to be a major player in the East of West universe.

I didn't say this earlier, but I'd say without a doubt that issue 5 was the best of the book. I'm one of the skeptics of the book, but I do want to praise it when it is deserved. I saw others saying it and wanted to chime in. It shows a lot of promise for the series.

I've had several books grow on me like this.