• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

You guys know how this forum can drive demand... the current wave of $5 - 10 sales will be every speculator with only 1-2 copies pooping themselves and pulling the trigger after hearing about the 100's others have hoarded not wanting to miss the boat that everyone seems to be thinking is setting sail.

(thumbs u

There are still plenty of cheap copies for those who want to hoard

5 copies for $30 - 10 sets available

1o copies for $69 - 4 sets available

You guys know how this forum can drive demand... the current wave of $5 - 10 sales will be every speculator with only 1-2 copies pooping themselves and pulling the trigger after hearing about the 100's others have hoarded not wanting to miss the boat that everyone seems to be thinking is setting sail.

(thumbs u

Yup and if you got a good discount on those early then you could have bought 100 - 200 of them and sell enough to cross the line very early. Meaning people will still have rolling funds for the next new title (Pretty Deadly, etc, etc) and the next one and the one after that... there isn't much of a downside to doing this right now if you make sensible picks.

/offtopic :P

(thumbs u

Yes, I think there is still time to get in on these but your still talking $7.50 plus per copy after shipping. Yesterday, these copies brought between $10 and $15 shipped individually in NM. In one of those examples you have given us, the books are NM-. I think that people who speculate, did so in January and February when you could buy these for less than a third of the 2 deals you pointed out.

I would bet you will be proven right in the next 6 months. People who didn't buy these or buy

early will be kicking themselves. $7.50 an issue is probably going to look cheap by next February. I think this by far the safest bet of 2013 after reading the first 5 issues. 2c

(thumbs u

Yes, I think there is still time to get in on these but your still talking $7.50 plus per copy after shipping. Yesterday, these copies brought between $10 and $15 shipped individually in NM. In one of those examples you have given us, the books are NM-. I think that people who speculate, did so in January and February when you could buy these for less than a third of the 2 deals you pointed out.

I would bet you will be proven right in the next 6 months. People who didn't buy these or buy

early will be kicking themselves. $7.50 an issue is probably going to look cheap by next February. I think this by far the safest bet of 2013 after reading the first 5 issues. 2c

%5BDaysGoBy27,%20Well%20We%27re%20Pouring%20Gasoline.%20By%20towniehooligan%5D.jpg

:baiting:

(thumbs u

%5BDaysGoBy27,%20Well%20We%27re%20Pouring%20Gasoline.%20By%20towniehooligan%5D.jpg

Bwahahahaha . Or it could be that lol

How many of you still own more than 20 copies of regular EoW 1?

--Me...I own 140 copies of #1 Raw :sumo:

R_H

Impressive, most impressive lol

I think the question is, how many of us bought heavy on 2 through 5 ? 5 has no second prints and is sold out at the distributor level. It looks like the 40,000 plus sales on number 4 wasn't a fluke. I want a TPB in a bad way. I hate flipping through floppies and having to be carefiul lol

(thumbs u

Not quite what I was getting at but I'll take it because that's funnier ;) ...

Was thinking more along the lines that you are adding fuel to the fire... this place will be getting a little EoW crazy it seems. I am still on the fence as to if I like it "that" much and will have to take a lot of comments with a big pinch of salt seeing as others holding 100+ copies are not really going to say "Hey I have a big bag of turds here look how clever I am, you should buy some." Of course that's not what I personally think of it though :P What I am undecided about is if I like the cyber punk / Akira-esque feel to it ... part of me would still have preferred to see something set in the past or closer to this time. It may still win me over on that point though.

do you guys know what the print run on the RRP was?

Jonathan and Nick have both told me 300.

name-droppers.jpg

Did Kirkman and E.S. call you to confirm it too? ;)

Edited by Erndog

do you guys know what the print run on the RRP was?

Jonathan and Nick have both told me 300.

Thanks very much! I managed to get one on Ebay for a song and a dance and it seems to be in NM+ apart from a black smudge going across the back of the book. Is this a known printing issue?

actually, nevermind...just googled it and yes, it seems to be a printing defect. at least mine is a uniform line from left to right and is unnoticeable at a glance. I saw one there on Ebay for $399 with some fugly smudges all over the spine.

Will CGC be harsh on the grading of these? is there a premium now on the RRP's that came out perfect?

Thanks!

(thumbs u

Not quite what I was getting at but I'll take it because that's funnier ;) ...

Was thinking more along the lines that you are adding fuel to the fire... this place will be getting a little EoW crazy it seems. I am still on the fence as to if I like it "that" much and will have to take a lot of comments with a big pinch of salt seeing as others holding 100+ copies are not really going to say "Hey I have a big bag of turds here look how clever I am, you should buy some." Of course that's not what I personally think of it though :P What I am undecided about is if I like the cyber punk / Akira-esque feel to it ... part of me would still have preferred to see something set in the past or closer to this time. It may still win me over on that point though.

I get it...a little slow but hey, I'm there :grin:

I was pretty excited about the first 3 issues of this book but 4 and then especially issue 5 rapped it up as a potential modern classic for me.

I buy a lot of everything I like and some stuff like Clone that I thought I could make a little on, which I did. I feel like there are only three options in these posts. Say something good, say something bad, or say nothing at all. I don't like bashing stuff other people like that I don't. I just think it serves no purpose. I can't seem to shut up so that leaves being positive. lol

If I thought what I said had the kind of impact that would make people go out and buy, I would have used it on Superman 204. I still have some of those. I would use a barrel and not a can :grin:

I simply think this is the best book being put out right now. I've bought it and only it twice digitally because I couldn't wait to read it.

Akira seemed a lot more high tech to me than this (other than the buildings) but I do see what you mean with the steel horse/talking eye/robotic hand stuff looks out of place in a spaghetti western. This book is like a good stew. Rich and hearty with a lot of different ingredients, filling but its so good, it leaves you wanting more.

Edited by The Authority