• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

***NICK DRAGOTTA COMMISSION ANNOUNCEMENT***

Nick will be taking a VERY limited number of commission requests for NYCC. This will be for 11X17 commissions. You do not have to attend the show to be on the list. Nick has generally stayed away from full-on commissions in the past, choosing instead to sketch for free at signings as well as doing simple sketches at cons. This is a rare opportunity. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Does this mean he will not be sketching at the show?

I expect he will be sketching at the show, but as always, it will depend on his schedule. And if he does sketch, they'll be his smaller con sketches (typically 9X12) and not the larger, more detailed commission he's offering here.

Thank you again!

Animated Spawn was awesome on HBO btw!

Also... It appears midtown found a box of #1 first prints. No limit it seems, but they bumped the price to six bucks.

+1 on the HBO Spawn

I think Midtown bought a quarter of the run on this book. I'm not kidding.

500 print run max, and by the looks of it, if you haven't gotten one now, you're going to be paying a premium for it... There's a blue label in the modern sales thread that just went $500+

The grading on these is really odd, too due to the inking/rubbing on some, but not others. I really don't see these having the same 9.8 #'s as the Saga C2e2 variant.

How is cgc grading the ink rubbing/smudges? I have 3 rrp's all of whick have very light grey ink smudging on the back covers (like pencil grey). Are they considering this a printing defect and grading on condition alone? Or are they grading down for the ink smudged copy's? Anyone who has a cgc'd east of west 9.8 rrp, does yours show any signs of ink smudging on the back cover?

i believe they are grading accordingly, as it is not a print defect

I don't know, man. I've seen three 9.6's with the rubbing that were otherwise perfect. And there are 9.8's that don't have the rubbing on them. Not a lot, but it definitely seemed like there were some out of the batch that came out looking good.

How is cgc grading the ink rubbing/smudges? I have 3 rrp's all of whick have very light grey ink smudging on the back covers (like pencil grey). Are they considering this a printing defect and grading on condition alone? Or are they grading down for the ink smudged copy's? Anyone who has a cgc'd east of west 9.8 rrp, does yours show any signs of ink smudging on the back cover?

My 9.8 doesn't have any smudging at all. I am pretty sure they are hitting them for the ink smudges or scuffs.

I just looked at a few graded 9.8's on ebay, which both had light ink rubbing just by the top staple, so its looking like eyre allowing at least that. I'd imagine as the rubbing gets more extensive, that it effects grade directly. All my copies have very light rubbing, so lets hope cgc's feeling lenient that day. :)

I just looked at a few graded 9.8's on ebay, which both had light ink rubbing just by the top staple, so its looking like eyre allowing at least that. I'd imagine as the rubbing gets more extensive, that it effects grade directly. All my copies have very light rubbing, so lets hope cgc's feeling lenient that day. :)

Then RRPs without the ink rubs should bring a premium.