• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I would have thought the same thing about Saga, but I've never really seen a flood of Saga 1 on the market.

Saga? Was there still a glut of money being spent elsewhere grabbing all those back issues of TWD that were still out there to be had back then? ...and ToT hitting just before it... as well as what seems to have been a bit of a mid to post 2012 speculation boom taking place after Saga came out not before.

Just an impression I get based on the amount of hoard pics, blogs, forums and videos out there and what/when they have been posting. Not saying there is any truth or facts that 5K number is based on. Just saying it wouldn't surprise me. If 200 people on this planet speculated on 25 copies there's 5K... and maybe it's now easier for some to take that gamble with East of West based on selling one hot comic or getting rid of those Die Cuts just before pre-order (shrug) .. or maybe I am getting too cynical about how much attention every Image #1 is getting (shrug)

Just thinking out loud. EoW is on my pull list and an interesting read, I also find the speculation on it interesting but only as an outsider. Now that I have typed it does 200 feel like a low number of speculators chasing an anticipated Image title?

;)

That video is pretty wild. 25 EOW is small fries compared to Mind Mgmt, Nowhere Men, Peter Panzerfaust, and Jupiter's Legacy. He has full long boxes of all 4.

I have no problem buying the EOW. If he is wrong and he bought them new, which I would bet on, he can't have much over $50 and likely owns them free if he sold early. I keep buying more as I think its the best story I've read in a few years. If I was him I would start listing a lot of the other stuff though...scare---ree lol

HI guys, well thats my video actually. The reason for filming it really was to show the inventory of my comic book store back issues for insurance purposes and proof of ownership. As you know some books do well over time and some don't. I have some books I definitely have too many of but you can't turn back the clock lol. I sold over 200 copies of East of West #1 and then had about 50 left.

Speaking of dealers that speculate on a lot of hot books I do know speculators that buy up to 3,000 copies of new Marvel comics to get the variant covers.

That was just my particular inventory at the time

Many books are now gone and many new books have replaced them.

I only sell new comics due to health reasons (old comics are musty) now which is why all the comics are from the last 18 months though I prefer older comics

Always like to hear peoples input on comic collections.

HI guys, well thats my video actually. The reason for filming it really was to show the inventory of my comic book store back issues for insurance purposes and proof of ownership. As you know some books do well over time and some don't. I have some books I definitely have too many of but you can't turn back the clock lol. I sold over 200 copies of East of West #1 and then had about 50 left.

Speaking of dealers that speculate on a lot of hot books I do know speculators that buy up to 3,000 copies of new Marvel comics to get the variant covers.

That was just my particular inventory at the time

Many books are now gone and many new books have replaced them.

I only sell new comics due to health reasons (old comics are musty) now which is why all the comics are from the last 18 months though I prefer older comics

Always like to hear peoples input on comic collections.

Thought I had seen your name on here. Hope you don't mind the video being linked I just thought they have been a good example of someone speculating in scale. Out of curiosity do you mind answering if you sell exclusively on your online store?

There's probably a better thread to discuss this.

You "only" have 20 CGC 9.8 blues?

Is that an advertisement?

Some people make me sick on this forum

lol

Do you want me to link you stuff about people speculating on FCBD?

I don't get why it would make you feel sick i.e. your reasoning? There's nothing forcing you to buy an EoW CGC 9.8, there's nothing stopping you submitting your own mint copy (shrug) . Are you saying that there should be some rules or limits governing CGC submissions or am I missing the point?

closer to 15K id say

Eric would be closest I would say.

All I know is that I only have 20 CGC 9.8 blues, and I will be selling as soon as they get here.

Eventually a big hoarder will unload. I want to be selling before that happens.

Interesting also that 150 copies isn't considered 'terrible' yet 12 months ago 100 copies of Bedlam, was 'ruining the hobby'.

How things change a year on post the Walking Dead explosion

Maybe 2003 will be known as WD year #0 in a decade or two! lol

:idea:

Quick, someone call Kirkman with that idea: Walking Dead #0

lol

What an absolute freak..

I don't get it. What exactly is the problem? [other than the terrible way he takes care of this comics]

Serious question, I don't understand why there are a few negative comments?

School me dudes